Icons Questions

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by onion, Mar 22, 2010.

1. onion

onion Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Hi,

I know of the 57x57 and 512x512 icon requirements, but I have also heard of toolbar / navigation bar, and also tab bar icons, which can be either 20x20 and 30x30 respectively, can anyone shed any more info on these last two types of icons, and whether I should worry about their creation or not ?

2. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    Hmm, I've never heard of the 20x20 or 30x30 ones. You only need to submit 57x57 (which is the one embedded in the app) and a 512x512 one (which you submit through iTunes Connect).

3. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

Those are all icons inside your app so like any other resource in the app bundle they don't need to be supplied separately to Apple.

4. onion

onion Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Thanks for the info, I had some notes scribbled down, but couldn't find any more relevant info when I did a search, I also had something scribbled down about a spotlight search icon also. So, I take it, these icons are just created / generated on the fly as and when needed based on your 'apps' main 57x57 icon, yeah ?

5. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

The spotlight icon must be created from your 57x57 icon. We only supply a 57x57 and 512x512