Universal Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (By Overhaul Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 7, 2014.

1. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Icewind dale the whole game (expansion included)...i mean you can play heart of winter inside icewind dale..you have to meet someone to enter the heart of winter...but i prefer icewind dale first to play, after that heart of winter.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I am stull struggling when I come across a big group. I have all my guys equipped decently so I dunno.

3. Derrythe

Derrythe Active Member

Jan 15, 2012
    The battles are fairly difficult. Especially of you have a party that doesn't work well together or that aren't specialized for that enemy. Make sure you're using all the abilities the classes have, and get everyone magic weapons as soon as possible

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week Nominee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Icewind Dale was successfully nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week. Participants may vote for their favorite release from the week of November 6 at the link below, to occur over the next 3 days.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=247443

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Be sure to pause frequently to issue commands while the enemy is not in motion. You can do a lot more that way and it's often necessary to micromanage your characters. Icewind Dale is suppose to be hard, it's a lot more combat oriented.

6. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I fondly remember struggling against goblins in that game. Wait... Or was that BG?

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I just now came across a vendor with magic stuff but I cant afford anything...

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok I need to stick with it if its supposed to be hard. I am just getting a little burnt out on dying to large groups. So 2 questions for anyone that will help.

1: What classes are strong so I can get a little edge in the game?

2. When someone dies in my party how do I get them back? I am on the difficulty where they dont die I think.

9. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #89 somedumbgamer, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    Oops

10. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I haven't played yet, but I've seen it all in regards to RPGs. Just finished BG and started BG 2, then this awesome game.

Anyway, I always check out the guides at gamefaqs when I get stuck. Here's the link for Icewind Dale for PC, but should mostly apply for iOS too.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/256221-icewind-dale/faqs

11. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    #91 Savant, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    You can also sneak in your thief and scout out the area and once you discover a big group - let loose your mages' fireballs and movement constricting spells such as Web, Grease, and Sleep! Destruction will follow! ;)

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the tip.

13. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    How well does it play on a 1st gen mini?

And has that huge bug been fixed yet? I read something about windows on the side disappearing, I think?

14. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    That issue only happens on iPhones..

15. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I would like to know how the combat is working in this game. From what i read it is not turn based.

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Not turn based per say but you can pause the game and give orders/commands to everyone then unpause and watch it unfold.

17. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Thanks!

18. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Anyone know how to use the missle bag doesn't seem to work only dispenses 1 at a time

19. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hey In turns of gameplay on the Ipad. Is it the same as BG? i find playing BG on the Ipad Air kinda cumbersome. Has it improve?

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    To add to this, the game feels realtime, but everything happens in a sequence of turns happening automatically.

This is the same as with Dragon Age, Fallout Tactics, KOTOR or Neverwinter Nights, in which their combat system was patterned from Baldur's Gate.