iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks !

Final question, how much space do you use for MAME roms ?

Thinking of getting the 16 gig ipad 1 rather than the 8 gig, perhaps 8 will be enough (Only using it for MAME)

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    They don't use much memory at all. At first I stuck on every ROM available and then realised that I'd be better just whittling down to classics. I actually don't have the iPad1 to hand but I still think if I were you I'd get the 16gb one then you can stick on other oldies like the C64 and Spectaculator and Jeff Minter's iOs games knowing that a new iOS will never screw them up and they all work in iCade.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Thanks for that

I think i'll go for an ipad 1 at some point very soon and use that as my icade machine, just hope to get a cheap one !! Me clicking on 'install ios8' could prove costly ! ;)

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Haha - yep, my old iPad1 pretty much just stays in my iCade and comes out when old pals come round as an old Arcade machine (and a little bit of Minter Magic).

5. brianunfried

brianunfried Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #2145 brianunfried, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Somebody seems to have discovered a fix for the OS8 Issue. I have not tried it myself yet, but will as soon as I get home. This was copied from a thread I started over at the ION website.

"Ok people, I think i've sorted this out (i hope so): just check if you have "split keyboard" setting enabled (in General > Keyboard). If you do, try to disable it and test your games again. On my iPad 3/iOS 8.1.1 this setting was the guilty one! Now everything's working fine (Gridlee/Mame4IOS included). Oh, and if it's working for you, please spread the word around the interwebs, because this is nasty and neither ION or Apple have been very helpful to this day."

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Somehow missed this post ! Thanks for PMing me !

This works a treat, i was so close to buying an ipad 1 just for MAME, even a MAME machine, this works !! Must be a new setting on ios8 for ipads ? Anyway my iCade works again with Gridlee

PHEW !!

7. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Hi,

Just want to let you know that the game FullBlast (a SHMUP) includes iCade support :D

8. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Great game.

9. JerseyCobra

JerseyCobra Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Please add "2-bit Cowboy"

"2-bit Cowboy" is iCade compatible!

I had this game on my ipad mini already when I received my iCade cabinet this past christmas. Completely works! Amazing game, made even more amazing by the fact that it works with my icade!!

Please add it to your list for others to enjoy!

10. JerseyCobra

JerseyCobra Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Please remove "Remote File Manager (SNES Emulator) " from the list

Please remove "Remote File Manager (SNES Emulator)" from your list.

I just wasted 5 dollars on this garbage because your list says it was an SNES emulator. It no longer plays .smc files and is no longer an SNES emulator, let alone being iCade compatible :mad:

If you're going to run this list, please be on top of it because I do not like wasting money on apps that DO NOT WORK!

11. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I'm sorry that it doesn't work anymore

Seeing as the list hasn't been updated since September of 2013, some of this list may be outdated. I apologize that I haven't been able to update it, but I have had very very little time to search the Internet for games that support iCade, and even less time to check to make sure that every app that gets updated still does. Hopefully I will be able to update my list sometime soon, but I honestly can't right now as my semester is still wrapping up.

I wasn't the one who originally complied the list. After getting my iCade I saw how out of date it was so I spent hours and hours and more hours going onto many websites finding apps that weren't on the list. I kept it updated for a while and then people said that they didn't like the format of the list. So I spent many more hours updating it to alphabetical order with links to threads and reviews. I'm got sick of doing the list especially considering that I hardly ever use my iCade. A year later and even now just thinking of working on the list sounds like the very last thing I want to do with my somewhat limited free time.

12. JerseyCobra

JerseyCobra Member

Jan 12, 2015
    It's time to pass the torch.

All very understandable.

However, it says on the front page very plainly to PM you for changes to the list. If you no longer want the responsibility, maybe it's time to pass the torch.

Let someone else be the moderator of this list, because there are those of us who are still interested in this realm of gaming and wish to keep the iCade community alive.

13. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Believe me if I could let a few other people also edit my post then I definitely would as it would be a load off of my shoulders, but sadly the only people who can edit my posts are the TouchArcade mods and me, and I don't think that the mods want the responsibility of updating the list either. Once I get a minute to sit down at a computer (as editing the list when it's this big is a huge pain) I will try to update some of the games on here. Once again I apologize.

Even if I was on top of the list though, I still wouldn't have know about the SNES emulator not working if it hadn't been posted in this thread.

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It doesn't work like that. The OP was kind enough to make this. They can't just let someone take over this thread. A new thread would have to be created.

15. JerseyCobra

JerseyCobra Member

Jan 12, 2015
    #2155 JerseyCobra, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Moving on...

Let's keep this relevant:

"Remote File Manager (SNES Emulator)" is no longer iCade compatible, nor an SNES emulator.

and "2-bit Cowboy" is an AWESOME iCade compatible game.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I disagree, you cant expect a list like this to be updated constantly

If an apps 5 dollars i'll do a quick simple check, by clicking on the thread link for Remote File Manager...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=202397

You can see from the title its pulled, plus the icon is different from the latest 'remote file manager' on the app store. So you can tell its pulled. It would have been far quicker to click on the link than to post several times moaning about how this thread isnt updated

Thanks to the person who created this thread initially, i love my iCade but sadly theres very few new games coming out icade compatible and its 'died a death'. I would rather give thanks to the original poster than moan about it

17. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

I am proud to announce that the upcoming Active Soccer 2 (release date 30/1/2015) officially supports iCade and it works great! :D

[​IMG]

Active Soccer is a fast paced arcade football game that requires high accurate controls and iCade really increases the fun, allowing nice goals and pixel perfect passes.
    If you have an iCade I suggest to give it a try.

Cheers, Gianluca

18. dalekvan

dalekvan Member

Jan 12, 2015
    new iCade game: Vector-Z

Hey, I just finished and published my first iOS game, and I made it especially with the iCade in mind.

The bad news is I'm having trouble getting anyone to find it, or get it listed on the iCade compatible lists elsewhere.

I'd love some feedback from you guys. Check it out:

http://vector-z.juggleware.com

Here are some free promo codes for anyone who wants to try it!

HWMMEP6Y3JJT
    EJEY76TLW33W
    HX7LJNWM3LYT
    Y9LRWFYA73HR
    7X3T43W4RLFE

Thanks!
    Alec

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Arrgh. Looks great but sadly iOS 7 or later

20. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Thanks for supporting iCade! (MFi also?) Too few iCade titles seem to be vertical, so it's nice that this is.

The middle 3 codes are taken (one by me). Feedback:

- Looks good; have only tried the default controls which I'm not sure about (haven't tested iCade yet).

- iPad Air with iOS 7 crashes for me 100% of the time when I tap Settings or Pause. (I'm assuming you don't need Settings to enable iCade, though, and the game is still playable in my brief testing.)