iPhone iBots: Launch (Robots meet ultimate frisbee in this new 2p iPad Game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Flick Studios, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flick Studios

Flick Studios Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Hi all! Just wanted to let you know about a new ipad game we're close to finishing. Its called iBots:Launch and is a mix between airhockey, ice hockey and ultimate frisbee. With robots!

Its a fast paced disc throwing game. Tap to walk or flick to slide your iBot across the court to catch your opponents throw then flick to throw the disc in any direction you want. Bounce off walls or just hammer down the line to score!

Our first release will have 3 iBots with different attributes (Steel: Powerful throw but slow movement, Sting: Fast and agile but slower throw and Venom: Great all rounder)

There will be multiple courts which affect iBot movement (on the Ice court the iBots slide much further than on the Grass court) and both 2 player and 1 player (tournament) modes.

We're working on some awesome power-ups for the disc throws (speed powerup, in flight direction change and swirl and curve throws just to name a few) and leaderboards and achievements...

Check our our website at http://ibotslaunch.com
    or our teaser trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP5sLKM73h8

This is our first game and we're keen to get as much pre-release feedback as we can. So let us know what you think and if you have any suggestions for additions to the game please feel free to share!

Attached Files:

2. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    For this game to works, the gameplay is essential ... i my opinion it needs to be frantic! Fast! Blazingly fast! And it needs power ups.
    One thing that would be nice to see is some sort of random events that can affect the game like, phantom balls or random obstacles or anything like that.

Looking forward to see more of it and play it.

Good luck!

3. Flick Studios

Flick Studios Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback FPE. We're working hard on the gameplay and will post a proper gameplay video soon. Power ups are definitely in the game, we have three currently and there are a bunch of features we're working on to make it sizzle!

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Good to hear. This is a game I would not mind playing, when well done.:D:D

5. Flick Studios

Flick Studios Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Looking for beta testers!

We're getting close to completing the two player part of iBots Launch and are now looking for people to help beta test the game! If you're interested please email me: dave -(at)- flick-studios.com with your iPad's UDID.

Thanks!

6. Flick Studios

Flick Studios Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Updates

We've come along way in the last few months! Powerups have been added, and I'm finishing off the AI for the single player component of the game. Here's a video of two AI bots playing each other:

I'm pretty excited about getting close to releasing my first ever game!

iBots Launch: Created by a web developer turned objective-c hacker, and a lawyer turned graphic artist : )

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I see it has mived nicely since the build I tried out, without AI.
    Nice!!

8. Flick Studios

Flick Studios Member

Oct 26, 2010

Attached Files: