iBlast Moki: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by moleki, Jun 14, 2009.

1. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Wow, this game is great. It has the polish of rolando with fun gameplay. There are two things I would like to comment on.
    1- You need some more complex levels, I have beaten two worlds without too much difficulty. I hope the other worlds are more complicated and maybe Downloadable content would allow for some really challenging gameplay (and more money)
    2- The main menu is very lackluster. For such a polished game why would you have such a boring menu. I know you have the background character freely moving at your whim, but it just looks poor. I will flesh out an idea I had and post it later.

As far as pricing goes, The ideal price for this game is (imo) 2.99. Introduce it at 2.99 or 1.99 as a sale, but this game is really going to do well. I know it will at least hit the 100s charts upon release, if their is enough TA support. I am excited to keep playing!

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    The later levels get very complex...you ain't seen nothin yet :)

3. pikoti

pikoti New Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I love this game!

I am new here and was browsing threads when I got hooked by Iblast very awesome art direction! To me, it's at par with World of goo or Rolando!
    Got myself a demo (thanks Moleki!) and played the damn thing. God it's fun to play, the controls are fine tuned, it's easy to get into, the progression is really neat... Moleki, where do you come from? Because from visuals to interface coupled with mechanics, it is truly a work of professionals. I will definitely spend 3 dollars on Iblast.

4. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    @indyraider4
    1- The levels get more and more challenging, but I agree with you. We need to add some more complex levels. That's also the reason why we need your help with creating some levels with the editor :)
    2- You are right with the main menu, you are not the only one mentioning this. We will definitely come back to it.

5. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Dang, the last world is so hard to unlock but ill keep trying!

6. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    #46 indyraider4, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    Also, I would like to clarify: I am not saying the game is worth 2.99, it is probably equal to toki tori in gameplay and almost there in polish, but 2.99 would be hard for people to pass up.

Also, I have thought of a cool menu which I am trying to animate into a video. As for levels, I made one and have it attatched along with the solution I made, proving it IS possible to win.

Also, I am a HATER of iNames, unless it is made by apple, so can I suggest Moki Bast? And, are you going to self publish or go through a developer. If I were you I would try to publish through freeverse since they are really big in the app store, but if not, self publish because, I think chillingo has enough on their plate for now and no other companies are really as big.

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to rotate, just rotate your head or put your macbook on its side or something.

Attached Files:

7. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    @indyraider4: Can you please not send any screenshots of the game, it is still work in progress.
    Thanks a lot for the level, we'll try it right now.

8. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    @pikoti: Thanks a lot for your great feedback. I am really honored with your comparison to World of Goo, I love this game and it is for me a piece of art. We are still far away from it though. If we had a year more of development maybe we could start competing with it :)

@indyraider4: We are going to self publish the game. We were hesitating with the 'i' as well, but Moki Blast doesn't really mean the same.

9. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    This game seems to me like a little of toki tori, rolando, and fantastic contraption all jumbled together to make one awesome game.

10. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    Oh ok, sorry. Is that okay? Also, is that a barcode of some sort for you?

11. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Here's the first level in the "bubble" series I'm creating, if anyone wants to try it. Its pretty simple, as its the first stage. (You are allowed to use 2 ropes, 1 bomb, and 1 screw)

[​IMG]

12. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    @indyraider: It's actually a good idea to share the level here, so that other players can try it.
    On iPhone, we found that the only easy way to exchange information is to send pictures. So we are encoding the level information in the picture. This will change with OS 3.0 which can allow you to send data. But the big next step for us is mainly to have all the levels stored on a centralized server, and you can upload your own levels, rate them, sort them, etc. Kind of the equivalent to the appstore.

13. indyraider4

Feb 8, 2009
    #53 indyraider4, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    Okay.

I am trying to work on a video of the idea for the menu, but I keep going back to play the game because it is so hard and fun. I am on the 5 world now and can't get enough!

EDIT There is no way I will be able to focus enough to make the video (plus I have no resources so it would look terrible). So here is my idea: The top 2/3s of the menu is just 3 mokis bouncing around based on accelerometer, and a tap causes a bomb to plant which will explode in 2 seconds. the bottom 1/3 are three of the black holes with the three menu options over them (Play, More, Editor), When you tap one, a moshi gets sucked in and it transitions to the new place, so the other menus still look and feel the same. When you press more, the menus is set up similarly with only a back black hole in the top corner and options along the bottom. (note: the same moshi that is sucked into the "More" black hole comes out of the "back" black hole on the new page. and vice versa). I know that was probably hard to understand, and probably sounds 30x more complicated than it really is, but it is hard to explain. If wanted, I could make a few photos with Acorn, but don't expect anything good.

14. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i never got anything but then again i forgot to send my email in the pm

15. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    *You made the level editor better? What made you think of that? :p

Just to let you know, my level was a catapult of sorts, you then had to set up balloons pretty far below the portal, and they would float up, Catch the Moki, and he would go through :)

16. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I would recommend that moleki should make a social group on TA and invite all the beta testers, so we can discuss the game privately there.

17. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    That's a decent idea, want to do the honors moleki?

18. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Here are the two levels that I have created so far. I already posted about the first, and in the second you can use 2 bombs, 2 ropes, and 2 balloons

It'd be nice if someone could confirm that they could see these.

Level 1.jpg

Level 2.jpg

19. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
  20. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    You should make it by invitation so we can discuss confidential stuff.