I would say NOVA 3 multiplayer mode is absolute console quality.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by klarence, Jul 16, 2012.

1. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It took me some time to think about this---can a IOS game compared with a AAA console game?
    NOVA 3 is the answer. Although it's a rip off of Crysis, but it's not like the MC3 to COD.
    I can enjoy the MC3, but I'd say COD is much better. NOVA 3's story mode is pretty bad, but the multiplayer mode is epic.
    COD has better graphic than MC3, meanwhile NOVA 3 has a inferior graphic compares to Crysis 2, but it's good enough as a sci-fi game.
    In terms of control, COD is much better than MC3. But NOVA 3 has it's own style compares to Crysis 2.
    It's not easy to admit NOVA 3 multiplayer mode is so great due to I paid for my gold membership.

2. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    What did I just read

3. This. Nova 3 multiplayer has so many flaws. If you want I can name the ones I know ;)

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Mc3 over Nova 3 any day. Mc3 is flawed as hell but Nova even more

5. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    No way. Can you name some flaw points other than jetpack?

6. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    #6 DodgerBlue016, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    No.

Just no.

7. #7 xD4RKSH4DOWZx, Jul 16, 2012
    Looks like you all need some explanation. Graphically Nova 3 is by far one of the greatest games available on the AppStore but still not comparable to console quality games such as halo or crysis. Now to get on with the flaws with the multiplayer:

1. Bullet Lag is insane on iPad 2. I was playing an instagib match and I had the enemy in my aim and shot and it took 5 seconds to register the shot. This lag was not dude to my Internet connection.

2. Guns are underpowered. The first assault rifle you start off with deals very little damage and I believe playing on a lower end device this must be frustrating as hell.

3. The Sprint button is totally messed up. For those of you who play mc3 will understand in what way it's messed up.

4. When playing matches with Aim Asist on it is nearly impossible to get kills with the alien gun because the aim assist aims a little BEHIND the enemy + the bullet delay makes it nearly impossible to get kills.

5. The Jetpack is totally overpowered. It should have been made as an unlockable item when you prestiged instead of allowing users to buy it right from the beginning with credits. The Jetpack coupled with the RPG makes for a devasting class especially when unlimited ammo hackers spam it.

6. Vehicle Controls. Self Explanatory.

7. Oh god the draw distance and framerate on old devices. Credits to Der Kleine.

And thats my little rant. Mc3 no matter how bad it may be right now is much better than the failure of Nova 3. Gameloft had a good idea and theme going but the execution was poorly done. And you can't say I'm a COD fanboy since I don't own any consoles. Anyways I will go ur and say it right now the original poster is wrong and a little foolish as well for making this idiotic post. I know everyone has opinions but this was just silly.

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

7. Oh god the draw distance and framerate on old devices.

9. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    #9 klarence, Jul 16, 2012
    hey, you refer both halo and crysis. Halo reach is better than the rest of Halo grachically, still no way compete with Crysis.
    In fact, graphic of Halo is pretty bad. That's why NOVA 3 is console quality, it's definitely better than halo 2 and way better than HALO 3 in terms of graphic.
    I would say this:
    No dynamic shade or light in NOVA 3, but you can't notice if it's dynamic or static during a multiplay game.
    And the polygons of charater is less than a console, but it's a FPS game, most of time you have no chance to get a close look at other players. Stare at someone more than 1 sec leads to death.
    1.bullet lag is that bad? I'm not sure there are that much lag, may I should play more to find out.
    2.you should use the machine gun at first and rifle when you come close at others.
    3. the Sprint button is awesome, usually I can escape anytime when I can't beat the enemy by run away.
    4.Aim assist is awesome, keep moving and find the right time to kill the others.
    5. I agree you with this one, the jetpack nealy ruins the game.
    6. It's fair, you get extra ammo or ability by vehicle, so it's not easy to control.
    7. this should not be a flaw anyway.

10. #10 xD4RKSH4DOWZx, Jul 16, 2012
    To be honest your stupidity astounds me. You contradicted yourself because you say that it is Console quality just because of the graphics and then you state that you dnt really notice most of the effects anyways because if you did you'd end up dying in multiplayer. Simply put why would you be concentrating on the gun smoke/lights/detail of the ceiling of the map in an Online FPS game?. Also graphics are just a small factor in making a console quality game. I mean look at Pokemon on the Game boy advance. The graphics may not be the best but the controls and the gameplay is what makes it console quality. If you think just because a game has amazing graphics it must be console quality then you are wrong. Here's an analogy: just because your mom has a pretty face that doesn't neccesarily mean she f*cks like a 20 year old ;)

11. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    #11 klarence, Jul 16, 2012
    That how unfair you guys treat gameloft.
    I could say the same thing: Pokemon has flaws, then it's not console quality. To be honest, games like ninetendog can never make that much money nowdays, it proves nintendog only catch customers at a right time other than it's a great game.
    There are so many flaws in a lot of console games too, we should judge them under the same criterion. Can you say Wii version COD is not a Wii game or not a COD game? There are so many examples how gameloft cheap copy is even better than some 30-40 dollar so-called console games.
    And NOVA 3 multiplayer mode is even could competes with AAA console games.

12. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #12 violentv, Jul 16, 2012
    What is this 'console quality' term that is being bandied around so much?!It is such an ambiguous term that doesn't really bring to mind a clear image of the yardstick being used for comparison;quite pointless if you are not using current generation (7th gen) console games as a standard for comparison imo. After all even angry birds is
    at least 2nd gen
    'console quality' and practically all relatively ambitious ios games end up being as good as some 5th gen console games.

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

We're not treating gameloft unfairly.

Gameloft games are meant to be 7$ phone games, and they do that part great, but a 7$ phone game isn't meant to compete with a 40 - 60$ console game.

14. #14 xD4RKSH4DOWZx, Jul 16, 2012
    do you not get it? I'm not saying just because a game has flaws it's not console quality. I'm just saying that nova 3 might have the best graphics on iOS devices but that doesn't mean it's fully console quality. If your a graphic freak I can say you will enjoy the game "epic citadel" it's graphics are amazing and the gameplay is so simplistic it's console quality ;) . Check it out on the AppStore. Also as der kleine said, nova 3 wasn't meant to be compared to other console games on Xbox/pc/ps3. For what they are worth they are decent games with POTENTIAL but they are definitely not console quality. And now you are straying from your original post. You stated that "NOVA 3 Multiplayer mode is absolute console quality" and you are supporting your statement with the mere fact of its graphics are what makes it a console quality multiplayer mode. If you can give me 3 reasons how the graphics of the game improve your MULTIPLAYER experience then I will formally apologize to you sir.

15. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    #15 klarence, Jul 16, 2012
    Compare NOVA 3 and a nowdays console game in terms of multiplayer mode. The console game has it's own flaws.
    You can see no room in the online lobby of COD 6, the bomber is unfair too. And you can trun aroud faster in NOVA 3 which is pretty important for a FPS game.
    You even can choose your own charater color in NOVA3 and there are vehicles.
    You (usually) can't open a door in a COD game and you even can't break the buildings by a nuke---not mention the nuke explosive effects is pretty awful.
    In NOVA 3 you can't destory building either but they are some kind of high-tech shell-proof as we see. It's still stupid but better.
    there is no reason I can say console game is must be far better other than I paid more money for them and they're for dedicated gaming machines.

16. klarence

Oct 22, 2011
    #16 klarence, Jul 16, 2012
    1.bullet lag is that bad? I'm not sure there are that much lag, may I should play more to find out.
    2.you should use the machine gun at first and rifle when you come close at others.
    3. the Sprint button is awesome, usually I can escape anytime when I can't beat the enemy by run away.
    4.Aim assist is awesome, keep moving and find the right time to kill the others.
    5. I agree you with this one, the jetpack nealy ruins the game.
    6. It's fair, you get extra ammo or ability by vehicle, so it's not easy to control.
    7. this should not be a flaw anyway.
    And I would say console game sometimes lags too, and some of them even has their framerate problems.
    They are also unbalanced and not always controls not awful.
    Aim assist for a console game has it's own flaw.

17. My god I don't want to live on this planet anymore /).-

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    He does have a point. While NOVA 3 has its share of flaws, IGN said, "It's multiplayer mode is so good, it beats out some console's offerings". So there is some truth in what he's saying.

19. I'm not denying that lol. His first post Is messed up. I'm just saying That his first statement Is wrong. What he said was that the graphics of Nova 3 is what makes the multiplayer a console quality gaming experience which is wrong.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh. Then I misread.

NOTE: GRAPHICS DO *NOT* MAKE A GAME GOOD OR BAD.

Gawd why do people think this? Graphics add to the immersion yes, but if the game is boring then it's just plain damn boring!