iPad I want to pick up a couple more games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zenric, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    . . . with the remaining holiday money I have, these are my options:

Virtual Villagers
    Low Grav Racer
    Blue Defense
    Brain Challenge
    Dr. Awesome
    Crash Bandicoot
    7 Cities

I'm thinkin' of gettin' two more or roughly $10-$12 in games, what do you guys think?
    Oh, and happy holidays!

2. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Don't get Crash lol. I'd say get Low Grav Racers, Virtual Villagers, Dr. Awesome, 7 Cities, and Brain Challenge. And also Space Ninja :D

3. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Can't go wrong with 7 Cities and Dr. Awesome. Virtual Villagers would be my third pick from that list.

I've been thinking about Brain Challenge myself, but I already have Brain Toot, Brain Tuner, Brain Surge and Speed Brain.

4. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Virtual Villagers looks like a lot of fun and I've been on the fence, but I think I'm gonna take the plunge to get it.

I'm also leaning towards Blue Defense and is Dr. Awesome worth the 1.99? I almost bought it when it was .99 but it looks like it gets repetitive

5. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Erm I would suggest an alternatives here.
    - Virtual Villagers (watch any YouTube review and you'll pass this out)
    - Low Grav Racer (only if you like futuristic race, something like WipeOut for PSP. You'll feel a bit disappointing if you had played WipeOut. The track for WipeOut is far more complex and exciting to play with)
    - Brain Challenge (I think it's ported from PSP. Get BrainToot instead for cheaper price)
    - Dr. Awesome (great choice)
    - Crash Bandicoot (Buy this if you're Crash fans and don't mind some lagging during some scene.)
    - 7 Cities (A great TD game)

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    get virtual villagers. ^^ don't listen to that guy he hasn't even played it.

7. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I'd suggest Blue defense(nice little shooter for only 99cents)Dr.Awesome, and 7Cities is also a great TD a must have if you're a fan of the genre.

8. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Definitely NO to Crash Kart. Virtual Villagers... Isn't Sim City better?

9. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Make sure you have Fieldrunners and Crazy Tanks. They are my favorites.

10. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I recommend Arvale: Journey of Illusion

I finished playing the Arvale: Journey of Illusion rpg/adventure game the other day. The game pace was steady and I finished it in 14 hours all up. It's good light hearted fun. Lots of humour and plenty to keep you interested. It's only what I would call a light rpg. No heavy dungeon grinding or manipulation of stats and abilities. But still enough to hold my interest and it should appeal even if you are not a huge fan of the rpg genre. Click here.

11. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    #11 Zenric, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
    Sim City looks a bit TOO involved for a handheld game, I think I'd rather play it on my computer.

12. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I got Crazy Tanks, I can't wait till there's some sort of wifi multiplayer, then it'll go from being good to great!

13. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Go in for Virtual Villagers. It has hours of gameplay although no replay value (Unless you are 14 years and enjoy villagers mating in a shack). But it is still fun. Haven't played any other game on your list.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    While I really enjoyed Virtual Villagers, I found the gameplay short lived, shallow and a terrible ending. I think there are only 5 mini-games, and you only unlock maybe 15 new items. But while the gameplay lasted, I could not put the game down and ultimately resulted in a late research paper. Would I recommend it? No, and it is no longer on my iPod.
    Games I'm on the fence about include Bounce On, Chronicles of Inotia, and Orions. Also, 'Edge' looks like a pretty dank puzzler that I'll pick up.