I think I might be going insane.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Owl, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Seriously. I ****ing hate American Express now. I tell my dad to go and buy a Visa gift card for me at Wal Mart, and he brings back an AmEx card, fifty bucks. So, I look at it and think "Well... How bad could it be? I'm sure iTunes will accept it somehow." LO AND BEHOLD, every single time I try and enter the security code, it tells me I got it wrong. Every. Single. Time. I don't have enough money to buy anything I want. I have like five bucks and 80 cents in my account. I bought this card so I could fill the gap between what I have and the price of the game, just so I could have something to do tomorrow in the car. I called customer service, they were no help at all. I went to the site and got locked out of making changes to the card because the security code is still, apparently, wrong. So now I'm staring at this god damn card trying to keep myself from punching a hole through my monitor, and wondering how I'm gonna get my fifty bucks back, if at all.

God damn vampires.

I need less... Failure.

/endvent

2. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Chances are that your dad stole it.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That's why I always go to CVS myself. Just because of sheer variety, 50% of the time you send someone to get something, they'll end up getting a weird version of what you asked for.

4. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    QFT. I told my mom to buy me a Bible and she ended up getting me 'The Theory of Evolution'...

5. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Heheh.

So, I feel better now, after making a few random posts on TA. I still want to get Hybrid though, hopefully my mom will give me some iTunes money tomorrow so I can.

I bet my kendama won't be as sucky as AmEx. Bah. So many things to wait for~

6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Just take your AmEx card to the store and buy an iTunes gift card with it

7. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    o.o

...That's a pretty good idea. You can actually do that? o.o

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    American Express is accepted practically everywhere, and yeah, Hybrid's definitely worth getting. Bought it along with Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Blades of Fury, and Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor. I am set for at least this month.

9. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    hybrid isnt that good. i mean, it isnt horrible, but i absolutely hate the combinations for special moves, and it runs a bit slow

10. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Hmm. Well, if I wanted something I could play for a good long time, something to work at, but something that's not really frustrating, which would you chose, out of Dungeon Hunter or Hybrid? I was gonna get DH but it got pulled before I got some more money >>

11. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    hmmm... the Amex security code is the 4 digit code on the front of the card at the right... NOT the the 3 digit code on the back at the end of the card number as it is with VISA.

Not sure if this is the problem you're having. But wanted to mention this just in case.

I don't know what that extra 3 digits at the end of the back of an Amex card are for... may be an extra security code... but it is the front 4 digits that you need.

12. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah, I managed to find that out in time, but I enter it everywhere and it won't work, even the AmEx website.

Bah.

13. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Insanity is the only thing that makes us human.