I think I broke my App Store app

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by starjimstar, Aug 29, 2010.

1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    So... I don't have a clue about this one. I am able to browse and search the App Store via the iPhone app but I can no longer purchase anything. I also am not getting update notices on my iPhone. And I cannot make in-app purchases. iTunes on my MacBook Pro works just fine.

At first I thought Apple was doing some housecleaning behind the scenes but this has been going on for days now. Restarting has not helped. Syncing has not helped. I am not against restoring my phone if that is what it takes but I don't want to bother until I have a better understanding of the problem. Is this affecting anybody else or is it just me? Has anybody heard about this?

P.S. The same problem is affecting the iTunes app and iBooks. I can't purchase any books, music, videos, etc. Leads me to believe something is wrong with my account but, then again, iTunes on my Mac gives me no trouble. I tried to log out but I can't. I don't even get an error message. Nothing happens. Ugh.

P.P.S. iPhone 3G non-jailbroken.

Thanks

2. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    School.
    This happened to me for a few days on my old 3G since upgrading to iOS 4. if you have iOS 4 it should go away soon. If it doesn't then that's just plain weird, try contacting Apple Support and if all else fails, restore away!!

3. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I figured it out. Since updating the C64 app, it crashed every time I tried to restore my in-app purchases. I uninstalled C64 (planning to roll back to v1.7) and that is when the trouble started. The daemon itunesstored refused to quit from then on because it couldn't complete the transaction. Even after restarting my iPhone, it remained stuck, mid-transaction. A restore or jailbreak seemed to be my only options. I restored my phone. Good as new, though I guess I won't be using C64 until the fix is applied in v2.0. :(