iPad I-play Bowling - 9/10 on IGN

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Cloud9, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Cloud9

Cloud9 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    looks awesome

http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/953/953911p1.html

"Stacked against other bowling games in the App Store, I-play Bowling 3D delivers the best to-go bowling experience, hands down. It really is pretty close to having Wii Sports bowling in your pocket. And at just $2.99, the game is an absolute steal. Highly recommended."

2. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Has anyone actually played this? I ask because I have iBowl which is free (and you can play online opponents), and I have Flick bowling (I don't like it at all). Can anyone compare this game to the others or just speak to their impressions of the game.

Thanks!

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Eh...I'll pick it up...but I take IGN reviews with a grain of salt, as one always should with any review site.

They overrate some games (Asphalt 4, The Plateau) and vastly underrate others (Fastlane, Blue Skies, Blue Attack), IMHO.

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I definitely agree to take IGN reviews and all reviews with a grain of salt to say the least.
    Of course, it's always a matter of opinion in terms of reviews in general, but if there is a site that feels like they are getting paid for reviews, it's IGN.

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    is there a video i can watch of this, i tried you-tubing it like i usually do, but came up trumps. :confused:

no videos found.

6. jay

jay New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    What an calculation...
    Presentation: 8.0
    GFX: 7.7
    Sound: 7.5
    Gameplay: 9.0
    Lasting Appearell: 9.0

Overall: 9.0???????????????????
    Wh0t?
    I Agree that Gameplay is one of the most important facts, but in a 9.0 ration such low sound and gfx ratings?
    Strange at all!
    Out of these numbers it would be between 8.2 and 8.5

Sincerely Jay

7. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Doesn't look like an awesome game. It might be worth a try, but I'll pass since I already have Flick Bowling and iBowl.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    IGN always way their scores are not an average, remember.

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Eh...I wouldn't go that far. IGN can be very harsh on some "big name" games, and, tbqh, I appreciate that site more than some other review sites (*points to Gamespot and Gamepro). At the very least I dig that they're one of the only "major" review sites that acknowledges the impact that iTouch/Phone has had so far, and could have in the future, as far as the game industry is concerned.

But they REALLY need to re-review Asphalt. I'm hoping they do just so Gameloft recognizes the problem with that last update.