iPad I Need Help With 7 Cities!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by McGill, Dec 19, 2008.

1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    #1 McGill, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    I'm a big TD fan, but 7 Cities has me stumped...i cant get past the 2nd level!
    ON EASY!!!

I'm very frustrated, because no matter what i do, i die. How many levels are on this map?

The Best i've done - Score - 15,610

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    From the dev:
    "In Campaign mode, you have to survive:
    Map 1 - 15 waves
    Map 2 - 20 waves
    Map 3 - 20 waves
    Map 4 - 25 waves
    Map 5 - 25 waves
    Map 6 - 30 waves
    Map 7 - 40 waves

The difficulty does not affect number of waves, but it does affect the enemy strength, tower selling, and the score."

What are you using in level 2? I gave me arrows critical and my cannons Berserk

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I've played the forth map four times... No go yet. I'm playing in Normal mode.

@ McGill: don't forget to manage your "skill unlocker".

4. youngTURBO

youngTURBO New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    In level two, what i did was build towers in the top region of the map. Build near the area where the ships come from, and in the corners where they loop around. In the island on the right side, i built towers in there and i put canons on the bottom corner of the top area so when they do the 2nd loop, your canons and arrows can reach them

5. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    To upgrade existing towers to critical hit on a tower, for example, it needs a yellow gem. Where do i get these, or how do i earn them?

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    On the island to your right put three arrows.

On the three points slighty to the left put cannons. The cannons have a huge range and keeping them on those corners gives them several chances at attacking.

That group of 6 can take out wave 1 wave 2 and 90% of wave 3 without a single upgrade! They will raise in level VERY quickly and then you should focus on upgrading the cannon on the bottom corner because it gets 3 chances at attacking while building more towers to help out

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    You get a yellow gem every five levels.

you will see a gem floating above the tower. Make sure you have the ability unlocked in the skill unlocker.

each ability can be upgraded twice with the yellow gems

8. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    What tower? i have yet to see one...i guess i'm just an idiot and dont know where to look...

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Just tap on a tower and you should see it's current exp level. Once a tower reaches lvl 5 you will see a little yellow jewel floating above it. Then you can tap on the tower to select it, tap the picture of the icon, then double tap the ability you want to give that tower.

10. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Have you gone through the Tutorial? All your questions are answered there.

I suggest starting with 2 Arrow towers and 2 Cannon Towers. Update one of each first. Then add more Arrow and Cannon every time you get enough money. Get a Tornado Generator to help you out as well. You can always go to the Skill Unlocker and respec the skill tree to unlock the Tornado Generator.

11. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    I've got it!!!!

Thanks everyone, and move over Fieldrunners!!!

Currently on Wave 17 and haven't lost a life yet!!!

12. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Need help with level 7 (Onyx Monolith)

I have tried various methods and still can't beat it on easy. Lastly I just used arrors/canons with as many Obelisks as I can build... but lost on lvl 29.

Any tips/hints?

thanks

13. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Man! Thank you. I miss that part. I use to see some jewels floating but I never tapped any tower. I thought it was an automatic upgrade or something.

14. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Wow is it because you guys aren't reading the tutorial?

We thought the blinking tower icon would be obvious? Should it be more obvious? Honest question, I would like to improve it for 1.1

15. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Awesome!

16. I'd like to know who beat normal all the way through? I can't evision it ever being possible with the way I'm progressing. Sometimes I use those Oblesiks and they have unlimited range with huge damage since only get one cannon by them make sure others aren't close by to ruin the damage to the Oblesik. However, it works well till huge waves come and they're too slow anyway. I like how in Onslaught you can stack damage auras together but in 7 cities you can't stack auras. sigh. Maybe I should just try hard and skip normal.

17. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    This game rules...simply put.
    I'm getting ready for Level 4 now...

Instead of the blinking gems, why not put an icon on top left near the blue gems when 1 is available somewhere...Just an idea.

18. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Sure. I just took a look at the "Info" (it should be "Tutorial" IMO) and it's not clear regarding floating jewel at all.

Of course I miss that but it seems I'm not the only one.

Maybe you could make a tutorial map (small and simple) showing the basics step by step. You'd show:

- select and place a tower
    - tower basics: blue and other gems
    - sell towers
    - manage skill unlocker

You have to find a way to make a concise tutorial because a few users will read tiny letters and long texts.

Skill unlocker may be overlooked. I don't know but maybe you could ask if the player would like to manage it at the beginning or ending of a map.

Just general thoughts so you can add to all feedback you already have and then make the improvements. ;)

19. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    You can check the high scores here to see other people's progress:
    http://www.neptune-studios.com/7/highscores/

Broken down by Today's top 100, All Time Top 100, and Top 100 for each map.

The key is to have as many towers as possible getting as many experience points as they can. This is the best way to get more blue gems.

20. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    OKAY...so now who wants to help me get past that big black monster in Rolando?