I Miss Samuari Jack:(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Aussie, Oct 5, 2010.

1. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Yuyu was one of my favorite anime for qute some time! Anyone remember cow and chicken? Ed, edd and eddy? Now cartoon network and nickelodeon are full of shit, these days... I only enjoyed Avatar series.

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Go buy the DVDs on Amazon. :rolleyes:

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I remember Cow and Chicken being decent... Ed, Edd, and Eddy was just hilarious. There isn't much good on TV anymore on any channels, let alone Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network. The only thing I really watch anymore is Adventure Time, and that's not on all that often.

As for Yu Yu Hakusho, I remember it being pretty cool, although I never really got to watch it all that often. There's a few animes I've ever followed for any length of time, and that wasn't one, although what I did catch was pretty cool. I might give it another shot one of these days.

And this may be a bit off topic, but any good animes to watch? I found one I got into, but it's only 13 episodes long unfortunately. I'm thinking of either trying to watch more Bleach or checking something new out. Any suggestions?

4. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

I loved Ed, Edd N' Eddy! I watched Avatar with my dad. Did you ever read the YuYu manga after the show was taken off?

5. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I love YYH! I never got to finish it as a kid, since they moved it into an unwatchable death slot at like five in the morning. It's the only anime I watch(ed), so I did a search.

All the episodes are on Youtube, and some in Blu-Ray quality here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YYHMovies

That is about half of the series, in AMAZING quality. That quality only is out in Japan, and the uploader was kind enough to lay over the english track. The rest can be found in slightly worse quality, but I bought the last season.

6. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    yeah i have the entire Yuyu manga series! I used to really like the artwork in them. You can say that my drawing style was heavily inspired from it.

7. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    I'd recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion (kinda gets psychological later in the series), Bleach is fun, but it's full of filler episodes, so you're better off reading the manga. The same could be said for Naruto, which is way too long. This one's pretty old, but it's awesome nonetheless - Samurai X. Slamdunk is a basketball anime and the manga is really worth checking out. Basically, it's best for you to read the manga before watching the anime as you get more out of it.

As for only manga, I would say Berserk is a great one as the artist excels in detailed and relaistic art. However, Berserk is filled with blood and gore - but i don't mind it, so it's an awesome manga, IMHO. It is the best selling dark fantasy manga in Japan.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is another manga I'd recommend. There's an anime of it, but only some 10-13 eps long. It has the weirdest and coolest characters, names and takes place around the world. The battle chapters are often 5-8 chapters long, so it's really immersive and exciting. The artist adds some pop culture and music references into the story, with character names like "Goo Goo Dolls" and "Rolling Stones" or even "Purple Haze". It's one hecka long story, replete with superpowered beings, well worth your time. Unique artwork, as well - Japanese style fused with American comic influences.