iPad I lost some apps after Jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DarthPuma, Mar 7, 2009.

1. DarthPuma

DarthPuma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    A day or so before I jailbroke last month I bought some apps, specifically Crazy Tanks, Bounce Trap, and Tiki Towers. I did not synch up with my computer after buying these apps before I jailbroke. After I did the JB and the ipod was wiped of all content, I wasn't able to re download the apps. It was going to make me pay for them again, and as awesome as the devs of those apps are, I couldn't stomach paying for something twice.

I have since restored my ipod back to apple firmware (The Jailbreak had my ipod touch running much too slow), and I'm wondering if there is any way to get those apps back. I'm on a first gen ipod touch, BTW.

completely ot, but the back metal casing of my ipod has come a few millimeters away from the front casing at the bottom by the dock connector. It started doing this a few months ago, before I'd even dropped it. I'm still in warranty, is this something apple will fix?

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yeah, you have to re-buy them. You won't get the notice that says "download for free" untill you already see it downloading on your phone. Just try buying one of the apps again.

3. itsOG

itsOG Active Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Stupid

4. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    just resync it to itunes and your apps will come back.

Ya ur still in warranty.... I think, just make sure theres no trace of Jailbroken software on your device

5. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Now, now, lets not start calling each other names.
    :)

6. DarthPuma

Feb 27, 2009
    There is no need for that bro. I was new to the software and how everything worked, and had no clue I would lose my apps.

The problem is I didn't sync up to itunes and transfer the purchases before jailbreaking, so the apps aren't in my iTunes.

And good to hear on the warranty, I'l call in monday.

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Also, about the casing, I don't think they will replace something that trivial, I think they only replace them when there is something wrong with it (bad battery, hardware failure, etc.) if you have dropped it or sent it through the wash, you have to buy another

8. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Just do what I said, they will redownload for free. Just make sure you are on the same iTunes account.

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Man......one more reason why I don't think will ever jb my Touch even if they find a way for the 2G. Sorry to hear this about you not able to re-download free.....bummer.

10. DarthPuma

Feb 27, 2009
    That sucks. I'm afraid with the casing like that that dust will get inside and end up really messing things up.

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You're good, just download them again and you won't be charged twice. Your purchases are stores under your account.

12. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    If you're not sure whether it will let you download the apps again for free, to check all you have to do is attempt to write a review. If it says you aren't allowed to write a review because you haven't bought the app then you will have to buy them again, otherwise it will let you download them again for free.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yes, just try rebuying 1. It always warns u as if u have to pay again but actually not. After u click ok, it says u can download it again for free as u purchased the app before.

14. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    yeah, i don't think apple fixes physical problems. my friend has a 1st gen refurbished iphone and hes dropped it dozens of times on the job and theres dents and dings everywhere; i think you just have to live with it, no biggie.

BUT IF YOU DO BRING IT TO APPLE:
    Make sure you restore your ipod! Because if you don't they'll know it was jailbroken and YOUR WARRANTEE WILL BE VOIDED!

15. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Just because they aren't on iTunes doesn't mean that you didn't buy them period. If the apps are in your purchase history, redownload them.

16. DarthPuma

Feb 27, 2009
    Just buying them again worked! That's awesome, I've been dying to play Crazy Tanks again.

EDIT:
    I removed the jailbreak a few weeks ago. Being able to play non app store games was cool, but it wasn't worth the performance hit my ipod took.

17. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    No, I don't think he has tried to redownload them yet, I think he is too afraid to hit the buy button again and then a few seconds later it will tell you that the download was free. Just try it, pick the cheapest app and click buy on your phone, and it will do it for free.

Btw, I am jailbroken and it is awesome.

18. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I think this should br moved to the JB section

19. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    there's a jailbreak section?

20. DarthPuma

Feb 27, 2009
    I wasn't sure if I should put it here since it dealt with official apps or the JB section since it dealt with a JB. If a mod wants to move, or even delete, that's fine.