Universal I Keep Having This Dream (by Fireflame Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 22, 2016.

1. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Achievements... Not game center dependent! #
    This will breath a little life into the game. Any plans to put a event/snag-opedia in the game?

2. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Whoa, exciting update! Looking over this list, I've definitely accomplished some of them already, but it will be a fun way to stretch my skills in the game to do them again. (I'm assuming it won't retroactively notice I've done them before.)

Despite the in-game display of achievements, as someone with working Game Center, I'm happy to report they appear in GC, too! This is really cool. And I second the idea of a checklist for snags/events, that'd be another neat feature.

3. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    The achievements also give you keys for unlocking new avatars/events/snags when you complete them. Pretty cool, another reason to do stuff besides just the satisfaction. Also, I couldn't help but notice...

And now...
    end-of-the-line.png
    is this my fault? :D

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Something I hadn't noticed before - red events don't add a dot by placing a health tile unless you actually gain health from the tile (i.e. not at maximum health.)

I'm loving the new achievements, the descriptions have been very entertaining so far, I have to resist the urge to just look at the whole list of them...

5. fireflame

fireflame Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2010
    That's on the list of stuff to add, though probably not until some of the more significant content additions

Yep! That's actually not an easy one to get, outside of stumbling into it accidentally :)

Likewise the other events only get dots from actions that had an effect, e.g. placing a control tile not on a control spot doesn't charge purple events, killing 0 XP snags doesn't charge yellow events

6. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    Awesome. I'm going to have to try pretty hard to get that to happen again.

I've got almost half of the other achievements now. I was going to check how many more of the key-unlocks I need, but the option only appears when you have keys. Maybe once you've found your first key, the key option on the menu could always be there? Empty if you're not holding any keys, filled in if you have a key (like the display on the achievements view).

7. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Are the faces that you unlock all purely cosmetic? Or do they influence level up traits in any way?

I think they are just cosmetic, and in that case, can we just get a random button? Actually even if they were not cosmetic, I would still want a random button.

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I once asked this of the dev, evidently just cosmetic and all fairly mundane (I feebly hoped he might have granted us the ability to look like some of the game's cooler specials, but that was not in the cards).

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    My best run so far, took about two hours, including some downtime spent taking Ascension turns. The game remains still as addictive, easily one of the best iOS games I've ever played.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    fireflame alluded to significant content updates coming. The game has already had some pretty decent updates, from balance changes and bug fixes on up to tile auto-rotation, leaderboards, achievements, and new special snags. Along those lines, I wonder whether IKHTD will ever get mentioned when TA posts the "game updates this week" style articles? Since the game merited a TA review, I figure it's worth covering a big update.

11. pheraph

pheraph Active Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Would totally re-buy a remastered Dungeon Raid.

12. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #232 sinagog, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Um, no. Please continue to make utterly unique, singular, inspired games like this. The appstore does NOT need another smegging match 3 game!

13. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Not just another smegging match-3, a DUNGEON RAID match-3. Two entirely different things my friend.

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Point.

15. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I'll buy anything Fireflame Games makes. I Keep Having this dream is beautiful and innovative, and Dungeon Raid was fun and addictive.

16. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

#236 Patashu, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    This game is so cool! And no wonder - same dev as Dungeon Raid. Nice to see it :D

My best is world 7 on easy, world 7 on normal and world 2 on hard so far. Curious as to if there are any high level strategy guides/playthroughs. I feel like there's a lot of depth but I don't know what I should be optimizing for.

'Balanced' seems to be really strong - it lets you pump attack extremely hard and ignore everything else. But only if the game offers multiple ranks to you (is this just luck?). But maybe secretly Measured + Daring is really strong - just discard all your tiles over and over again and earn lots of control points and exp points. But does snag strength scale with tiles drawn or tiles placed? Am I making life extremely hard for farming in this way? Should I be aggressively discarding for control/exp or should I just take what I get? (This also matters for the question of 'should I discard tiles to make my path straighter', because if it's actually making snag strength increase it's definitely not worth it.)

And what do I level up? When I get lots of 'Balanced' I love to do almost all attack. But when I don't, getting too much of any particular stat seems to be wasted, so I've just been levelling them up evenly.

EDIT: World 4 in hard mode and not dead yet. We'll see how far I can get...

17. Jammy.OJJ80

Jammy.OJJ80 New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Woow, not bad cool dark game. May have a go

18. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Here's my new PB on Hard - reached World 6 with 2678 points. Cause of death: Hand was full of 4 special snags + one regular snag, and Nemesis was too close to discard anything. (I think I would have gotten a little further if I hadn't used Stampede earlier just to see what it does, but probably not far enough to reach world 7.)

https://twitter.com/Patashu0/status/747732171054424064