I just got a Wii... now what?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by NotYou, Sep 14, 2010.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't play a lot of games anymore, but my wife and I are having a blast with it (just got it last night). We don't want to spend a ton on games ($40 is way too much:p), so older used games are fine, as long as they're good. Multiplayer games are what we're looking for, although, personally, I'd like a good FPS (or anything ridiculously violent).

Any suggestions? Downloads are good too.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    WarioWare (ridiculous and then some!)
    Rayman Raving Rabbids (has a good 2P Time Crisis like mode)
    Elebits will do 4P-sh FPS
    Link's Crossbow Training should be available very cheap w/out the accessory and has both shooting and TPS modes.

3. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Throw it out the window. Then go down to hit and run over it with a heavy vehicle. Then smash it with a baseball bat. Not worth the money IMO. I have one and the only game(s) I play are WiiSports and WiiSports Resort and Mario Kart. That's it. Those are the only "great" games for it imo

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    If you like FPS games (or rediculously violent games in general) You are completely sh!t out of luck with a Wii. My wife and I just play the Super Mario Bros. games pretty much. Games that are fun though are the House of the Dead 2 & 3 (comes on one disc). It's an old Sega Arcade On-Rails shooter. It's a blast. Not much else though... for me at least but I don't look too much. The Wii is meh. lol I know they released Call of Duty 4 for the Wii and that was okay. Different perspective on the controls. Also I think the game is called the Conduit is an okay FPS, but I don't think it has split screen MP (but don't quote me on that). I dunno... You should have gotten a PS3 with PSMove. Not much out for it yet, but there will be. Plus you don't HAVE to use the Move remotes you could just use a regular controller when you wanted to. But that's besides the point ^.^ have fun with your purchase!

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, there's not too many violent games on the Wii, but there's still a decent amount. I haven't played all of these, but from what I've seen and heard, I have no problem recommending them.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
    Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (If DC is too expensive)
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
    Resident Evil REmake (received a port to the Wii as well, although probably cheaper for the GC version if you have a controller/memory card)
    Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop (although holding out for Dead Rising 2 on 360/PS3/PC would be a MUCH better idea)
    House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
    House of the Dead: Overkill
    No More Heroes 1&2
    Dead Space: Extraction

As for FPS games, the only decent ones that are Wii exclusives are The Conduit which apparently has a ton of hackers online, and Red Steel 1 and 2, with 2 being much better. Call of Duty 3 through World at War are all on the Wii, although much more enjoyable on 360/PS3/PC.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Why in the world would you buy a Wii??

7. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Super Mario Galaxy is the most creative and fun game for the Wii. It's a great platform game both of you can play.

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. I like that there's some there I don't know about at all.

Anyone know of any good downloadable games too?

That's the only one we bought so far(we got it really late last night. Gamestop was open because of the Halo release). It's a ton of fun with two people.

Read my first post and find out.:rolleyes:

Actually, one big reason was so we could download NES and SNES games.

9. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Haha I'm just messin with you dude, while I'd never buy a Wii myself I can see the appeal for others since its a less hardcore console and more just for fun.

I forget what it was called, but my friend had a disc that had a bunch of different games on it [one of which was you ran around with a sword-thing and hit people] Something Resort?

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

No More Heroes. (both)

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

SUPER MARIO GALAXY! I want to play that so bad but I dont have a wii. Also the wii version of super mario bros looks awesome. And the final Mario game to get would be mario kart.

Dead Space is meant to be done fairly well on the wii so thats something to consider. Especially with the inclusion of a certain arm crunching moment.

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    the wii is only good for Brawl
    ..and galaxy :D

13. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Get a cheap used copy of Animal Crossing for the Gamecube - it's got a bunch of NES games (you will need Gamecube controllers and a memory card though...)

15. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    +1 for brawl. Only game I still play on it. Well and twilight princess, but that's single player.

16. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    THIS A MILLION TIMES!!! HOW THE F*&^K Someone didn't say it before is beyond me... if you own a wii and don't have brawl then go out and buy it right now! BEST 4 player fighting game next to powerstone 2... EVER!!! (on another note, anyone ever played General Chaos? Another awesome 4 player game, was on genesis)

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Don't forget your netflix disc. Also the Bit.Trip series is fun, World of Goo, NES Punch Out, oh Monster Hunter Tri is a good multiplayer game. Your wife might like Animal Crossing if she's into collecting sets.

Also the new Metroid Other M is supposed to be awesome, as well as the unreleased new Kirby.

Edit: Almost forgot of the New Super Mario Bros! You can play co-op and it's definitely fun if you like platformers.

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I have. ;)

Powerstone 1 and 2 were excellent as well.

Mutant League Hockey was much better on the Genesis as well, IMHO...

19. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #19 Booch138, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    I have emulators and a SixAxis controller for that lol

But I have bought all the Super Marios for the Wii though. Gotta get SOME use out of that damn thing other than a dust attractor.

While I had fun with this game, it is so frustrating when playing with 2+ people, and practically impossible to play with 4 people. Like when you get hit and the screen pauses for just a second, and someone else will be in a mid-air jump and it just negates it and f*cks everything up. ARGGG. That game really frustrated me. But as challenging it was with 2 people, it was a blast truely. And I would suggest it to anyone, just if you go the MP route, prepare to have some Xanex.

And Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Must have/ Been so long since I have played it that I have totally forgotten about it lol.

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Powerstone 1+2 awesome.

Mutant League Hockey?

Even more awesome. One of my fav. games of all time.