I hate you Apple

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kita, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    I decided against getting full SMS for 20 dollars a month because it was too much money and here I am spending over 20 dollars on apps each month because of the iphone platform Apple created for anyone to create games on. While I do feel that most of the apps probably aren't even worth a glance the problem is that that still means there's still a CRAPLOAD of good apps I own and want to continue to buy, especially around this time!

At least with consoles great games come out once in a while to buy, but lately there's seems to be a non-stop flood of apps i want to purchase and it's getting really frustrating for me to digest. I guess this means I'm an appaholic then huh?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yup. There are two solutions: 1) get strict about only downloading the best of the best, or 2) earn more money.

3. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    money isn't really the issue here at all. I could buy all the apps I want and still be perfectly fine. It's more about self control and should really spend less money on non-essential things. And to number 1 that's the main issue I have. It seems like the best of the best apps are coming out every few days now!

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    true, the bar is constantly being risen, there're more games that are better than games that were "good" earlier on
    My spending money is a concern of mine too, I've averaged about $21-22 but I'm also trying to spend less time playnig all these games..

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  6. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    I should have clarified that 20 dollars for unlimited sms sounds overpriced to me instead of saying it was too much money. But hey, I guess if people continue to pay the price it then I must be in the minority.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    A month? $20 is exactly £12 at the moment and I'm currently paying £10 a month for unlimited SMS (not on iPhone).

8. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Get Textnow formally known as Unlimited SMS app. It sends and receives messages just as fast as the default app and I have never not had a message go through!

There is no yearly fee, and the new update looks beautiful ;)