Universal I Am The Hero (by Crazyant)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Nov 16, 2017.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow! What a great game!! No energy system. No nonsense. Lots of unlocks. I love the on screen controls and I love the art style.

This definitely gets Billy's seal of approval.

Billy

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Yeah...the more im playing, the more I absolutely love it. I wish you could choose your two characters though vs having to use the initial guy.

If that's my only complaint, that says a lot about this game.

3. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Problem's solved after an update. Thx devs!

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It's a cool action. But it's a little hard. I wish I could set the level of difficulty. Or maybe I need to practice more.

5. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    This is currently on a temporary discount. Maybe it's a good idea to get this game. Game is fun, but it is difficult. ;)

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    I just re-downloaded, and think there is a bug that had resurfaced. Every time I open, I have to start a new game vs continuing. Any characters or skills that were unlocked are then gone as well.

Playing on an XS.

7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I kept an earlier build to avoid the online requirement that may be causing you trouble. That sucks.

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    This now requires an online connection? Didn't realize that.

9. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#49 sebgo, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Yup. Ever since their introduction of the "Account system", in which players "can now login with Wechat, QQ or as Guest" (more like "you're now forced to be [ONLINE] able to login or get stuck in the main screen") from one month ago. I always try my games with airplane mode enabled and this was no exception. After updating, that was the first thing I did and couldn't get past the "tap to start" screen, since it'd show a message saying that I can't connect to the server... or something like that.

Lucky for me, I always keep a copy of installer files and installed a previous version. Lucky for them, my one-star [complaint] review didn't get sent and their website is chinese-only.

That made me really mad. =)

Screenshots I shared on TouchArcade's Discord:

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY

Thanks for that and smart move on your part....dumb on theirs

11. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

As you can see from the "Online" screenshot, I can connect to the server. I just don't like being forced to. Also, I could lose connection at any time. It's silly their "guest mode" is also online, it makes no sense. They're probably mining bitcoin or somethingx... xD