Universal Hyperspace Delivery Service (by Zotnip)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 22, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I keep looking at this thread but I’m not really sure what to expect. If it’s very tactical? What if you beat it your first run is there much point doing more? Or will it take a lot of runs to practice anyway.

The shooting bits look like Doom but hopefully aren’t too hard as with the look of the game it looks more like a sim/management game. I’ve seen people compare with Oregon Trail but I never played that really.

Talbs likes this.
  2. trothmaster

trothmaster Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Developer
    New Jersey
    #22 trothmaster, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    It's quite difficult to beat on the first run. You are highly likely to run out of resources, get killed, or simply miss your delivery time. It is designed so that you'll play it and learn the systems and how to balance resources a little bit more every try. It is "tactical" in that balancing of resources and economy are essential to success. If your good with numbers you can play the entire game without ground combat and even retreat from all forced space combat. One example is the intel system. Various traders will offer you intel or you can find intel randomly. This gives you incite into prices at future planets so you can exploit the buy low/sell high mechanic.

There are a variety of ways to gain different resources. You can trade directly, you can purchase at the stores, find various items during FPS/Space missions, scan planets for abandoned resources, extract oxygen from atmospheres, try and harvest energy from stars, and more. It's up to you and your play style how you balance all of that. For instance if you sit around and extract oxygen for too long, you are likely to miss your delivery window.

There are also times when you can strategically skip planets through worm holes and space rips.

Let me know any other questions!

EDIT:
    Also in case your into it, there is a leader board (high scores) and achievements.

3. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Looks like fun, I think I'll give it a go later today! Is there any kind of upgrade process between runs, or is it completely fresh start every time?

4. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @trothmaster damn! Way to describe the gameplay mechanics! I wasn’t really on the fence about it - I was gonna get it the first thing in the morning today anyway, but I just wanted to say I love what you just wrote.;)

trothmaster likes this.
  5. trothmaster

trothmaster Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks! There are no upgrades besides a one time use engine upgrade that is not easy to get. Every game is a fresh start. Upgrades and continuous play modes are in my list of possibilities for a sequel or if the game did well enough, dlc. But those wouldn't happen for a long time!

6. trothmaster

trothmaster Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Developer
    New Jersey
    #26 trothmaster, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Just wanted to update the community that an update is submitted to apple and will be available later today or tomorrow that fixes the touchscreen speed controls if you hit afterburners while at 0% speed. It also fixes the flip y axis setting not working on touch controls as well.
    Look for version 1.22.11 hopefully available later today or tomorrow!

Thank you!

EDIT: Update approved and pushed to the store. You should see the update now (or soon)!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  7. I loved it!

trothmaster likes this.
  8. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    One of the best games in years!!!

trothmaster likes this.
  9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That’s a bold statement.

10. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Retrogaming, pixel-art, space, first person sessions, intelligent gameplay, space combat... These are things that make great a game, in my opinion...

ste86uk likes this.