Universal Hyperforma (by Fedor Danilov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Troid

Troid Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    #21 Troid, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    The review is pertinent because the gameplay is so scatterbrained that you never really care to apply the power-ups to any given scenario. Instead, you can just keep using them over and over and let them do the work for you without thinking. THAT is why he says the game is too easy. The game’s strategy is lost by being too vague.

EDIT:

There is a comment underneath the review that seems to echo my sentiments:

“The power-ups alone are only part of the problem. The bigger issue is with having such vague indications of how the power-ups apply to any sort of strategy. Then, the bigger issue above that is having gameplay that is so unpredictable in its behavior that trial and error is your only tool for figuring out how the power-ups apply, which gets annoying very quickly keeping up with a constantly evolving set of puzzles.

I’d rather just have a game with the bosses, because none of the regular gameplay applies. Coincidentally, that is exactly what makes the bosses fun.”

2. Troid

Troid Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Hmmm... I think what would help this game more than anything else is a description of what each ability does and how they affect each type of shield, button, and barrier that occurrs in-game. I typically would have no problem with figuring them out on my own, which is what I’ve been doing since I bought the game, but I’m approaching the third boss and STILL am trying to figure exactly the names of certain abilities and exactly how they affect the environment.

If anyone would like to share their thoughts on this, it would make the game more enjoyable for everyone else. One of the main issues is actually remembering what each is called, because there is no way to retrieve their names. Thus far, I have electricity (blue in color), clone (purple in color), archive (green in color), fire (red in color), the ability that makes you shoot around very fast, name unknown (yellow in color). I also have the ability where you hold down the button and the camera zooms into your player, thus releasing a volley at multiple targets.

Electricity is pretty self explanatory, as it removes the black blocks, or “black ice” as the game calls them, just by touching them. Clone is self explanatory in that you simply make a double of yourself. Fire seems to be able to pass through black ice. Archive seems to make black ice disappear. The issue I’m having with these abilities is that they all basically seem to do the same thing. There really is no advantage of one over the other. Once you use electricity, you can move on to fire, then on to archive. All of them remove blocks to seemingly the same advantage. Keep in mind that the game barely explains how each SHOULD be applied properly, so it’s all an issue of trial and error.

Also, it would seem that each ability affects shields differently, depending on color, but I can’t definitively confirm this.

Again, feedback welcome here. Not giving up on this game just yet.

3. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Temporarily down the price. Check this opportunity.

This game is difficult, but the difficulty has been adjusted with the latest update. :)

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    At the time of the game's release, some users commented that the game was too difficult, lacking explanation. However, recent updates have added to the difficulty choices and additional tutorials. And currently, the price discount event is going on again temporarily, so if you are interested, please try. :D

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#25 sebgo, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    I hope I won't regret this purchase, even if it's at a discounted price.

Will come back with impressions someday, when it finishes downloading and I'm able to play it [or die in frustration].

Edit: So far, so good. No regrets here. Most of the time (like 99%) I don't know what I'm doing, so I focus on trying not to get my avatar killed by the red things on the edge of the screen or by explosions and when I see an opening I launch an attack. Skills are cool and the clone one works great for saving one's ass in hazardous levels (think of it as an extra life).

Interacting with shapes is pretty complicated (I think I need like 3 extra fingers in each hand) but I think it wouldn't be fun if stages were layered like usual brick-breakers. I tried this game for the very first time last night, so I can't tell what was wrong for users of earlier versions complaining about difficulty and/or lack of clarity of mechanics. I'm thinking the first version didn't even tell players to rotate the shape or something.

Last night I gave it a go and played it until I beat the first boss (cool fight, although a little too easy compared to standard levels). Definitely liking it, now I hope I'll actually beat it....

6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

It's been updated with more chapters/levels, new bosses and mechanics, including more BGM and an "Epic final of the story!".

Yay!

7. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
  8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, well... that’s the first.:rolleyes::p:D
    ——
    44FDC324-32AF-430F-9977-016FC4A96691.png

9. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Seems like you missed one. Don’t let it happen again. I’m glad you’re on the case I could retire now. Great job ;)

macplash likes this.