Universal Hyperburner (by Patrick Cook)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I think this deserves and editors choice personally, but whatever. This game not even being featured in best new games is beyond bizarre though. In an app store that features boombit games and every match 3 puzzler, this doesn't even get a mention? Very suspect. Awesome title, great fun game.

2. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    First Rally Rush 2 is, to my tastes, my favorite game this year so far. I haven't played too much of this, but it feels and looks so good. It's like a relaxing version of race the sun. My problem with race the sun is that I feel I've never made progress, whereas with this 20 minutes in I got to feel like I was improving/progressing. Cheers for both I guess!

3. zigazi

zigazi Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Looks awesome! I will try.

4. FBI Light Rock

FBI Light Rock Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Any updates to what more is coming up for this game? It's been a bit quiet here. I really hope for the release of more zones with new themes! This game was really fun to play and I always love dodging obstacles by a mere inch! I'm still playing this game here and there but the leaderboards hasn't really been moving...Quoting the post to give the dev a bump.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I want some combat too! There's already a reticle! The dev could do so much with this!

Billy

6. badpotion

badpotion Member

May 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks for stopping by, badpotion. It's always a pleasure to have the dev present in the forums. Especially when they have something this cool to show us. Will combat have its own game mode for variety of gameplay? Either way it's awesome to see you taking suggestions from the community.

Keep us updated. :)

8. badpotion

badpotion Member

May 3, 2015
    My plan was always to keep version one simple and just find the best experience I could in speed-only gameplay, no distractions. After that though I think there's lots of ways to build on it. If there are other modes that turn out fun I'll roll with it, still just an early test here and lots more to try.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Any updates for your fantastic game?

10. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Funny. Was actually recently thinking of picking up this game from my wishlist. The music suddenly popped inside my head a few days ago.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap. I didn't even see the devs response!!! Yes!! Combat!! This game is going to be even better!!!

Man I can't wait! I mean I do love the game but man combat is going to be awesome!

Billy

12. badpotion

badpotion Member

May 3, 2015
    Hey guys,
    Still experimenting with update features so it's a while off, but I'll update with new info as soon as I can. I'll also probably check back in to see if anyone's interested to test any new elements when the time comes.

Cheers!

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh hell yea Ill help you test. You can ask other devs around here I'm awesome at breaking stuff lol. When you are ready just let me know. I can't wait.

Billy

14. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Seriously, this is so damned good. Get it while it's free.

15. ctrlaltdel

ctrlaltdel Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Dubai
    I had the chance to download this game while it was free. To be honest, the game makes me kinda go into trance :). One thing is that to me the graphics are a bit bright, especially for the further objects. The controller best worked for me with low sensitivity so if you are a beginner do not give up if the you think the ship is not controllable just lower the sensitivity from the settings and give it a try. Congrats and good luck to the developer for the upcoming works.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    How are the new features coming along? I'm dying for them!!!

Billy

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Holy moly, this awesome game just got an update out of nowhere adding tons of stuff and modern device support.

New levels! Plus a few fixes.

Zone 7: Ares Loop

- Master five new challenging and unique levels

- New ship: complete Ares endless runs to unlock

UI Improvements & General Fixes

- Full screen fix for notched devices

- UI adjustments for newer phones

- Increased UI transition responsiveness

- Misc content fixes

HD graphics pass

- Higher fidelity textures

- Reworked and enhanced shaders