Universal Hyperburner (by Patrick Cook)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 22, 2016.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Polished gem = 3/5 stars. This is some good logic to begin the day with.

2. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    To be polished is not the reason to earn five stars in my opinion.

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I feel like this is the kind of game people were hoping for when the Boson X guys put out their follow-up.

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    omg so this game comes out awesome graphics yada yada.... I have not seen one mention of the awesome techno/trance soundtrack this game has! awesome game by the way!

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Yeah the soundtrack is really great too!!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm honestly wondering why you would give the game 3 stars? You are right that polish alone shouldn't be the only reason. What about the rest? I'm honestly interested.

Billy

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Is there any "battling" or is this just just about dodging?

Id like to shoot things up.

8. Nope the whole game is about avoiding obstacles. No guns.

9. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Too less playtime, too undemanding, HUD transparency can't be adjusted in 1st-person-view, stages too short.

10. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Check the previous page... I already brought this to attention! That music is ridiculously cool! :)

Also, I see the dev's name is Patrick Cook. When I was beta testing, he was going by the name Badpotion Games. I guess he changed his mind, but I always loved that name for a studio (or anything for that matter). Badpotion...just sounds so cool! Oh well, guess he wanted to use his actual name to slap on this masterpiece...

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #51 LordShad0wz, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    It looks like there is a targeting reticle though. I immediately thought to myself the dev could add combat down the road. I would absolutely love that! Maybe enemy turrets on the walls or fighters coming at you. Man that would be absolutely killer. I would totally be willing to pay for a DLC type of content with this.

Billy

12. skylined87

Nov 9, 2014
    Did Apple seriously not feature this game? You have got to be kidding me? This game is way more deserving than just about 98% of all the other games that make the front page! That really pisses me off...

13. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    On Greek Appstore is under the New Games We Love front page so it must be to other stores too but maybe not all over.

14. The App Store features are very fluid now. They change the features more than once a week. So it could still end up on there.

15. badpotion

badpotion Member

May 3, 2015
    Thanks for all the impressions! Really awesome to read that people are enjoying the game after such a long road making it happen. The TA community played a part in shaping it as well. You guys rock.

Also thanks for the kind words on the music :)
    I'd love to release it some day when I have time to mix it properly, if there's enough interest.

Thanks for Hyperburning!

16. skylined87

Nov 9, 2014
    Well good. Hopefully they put it up on the US AppStore soon, this game deserves as much exposure as possible for its launch.

Apple, you may live for today, but I'm watching you... #

17. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    This game is great. Cockpit portrait hyper focus madness. Great job.

18. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    They are endless, actually.

19. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The transparency needs to be adjusted in cockpit view. Other than that, this game is absolutely fantastic.

20. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    So I figured something out regarding the level designs. It appears they get "shuffled" with the same obstacles every time you initially launch, but remain the same between respawns.

If you want to test it out yourself, try any level for 10 runs. You should have it pretty much memorized, then reload into the same level. It will be a different layout of the same obstacles.

I came to this realization after shaking my head at how I got some of my scores, and now it makes sense. I was just on some levels that were "easier" for me.

Man I love this game!!