Universal Hyperburner (by Patrick Cook)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 22, 2016.

1. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    Portrait? Sold to me!:D

2. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Hyperburner! So glad to see it finally launch! I beta tested this as well and it is a FANTASTIC game! It's worth the asking price and so much more...

Just get it, you will definitely enjoy it! ###

3. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Fantastic game, just played through the first half of the levels. Looks fantastic, plays fantastic, not much else to say. I'm finally getting into GameCenter too so nice to see lots of shiny achievements and leaderboards!
    I bought this as soon as I knew it was released, but TA has been super dodgy so this is a bit late. Point being, I'm behind anything this dev will make from hour one :)

4. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Great Game! Gorgeous gfx, premium!

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Normally I don't play games like this one, but I tried it and it's super slick can't say otherwise, great Gamecenter implantation, looks cool plays great an easy reccomondation.

6. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

According to the description it DOES run on iPhone 5.

7. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Damn, the level design in the later stages is incredible. Really outstanding.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

What really does make Hyperburner stand out is it`s great Level Design. While some of the early Levels are your usual Sci-Fi Spaceship Racing Track others are just breathtaking and I would lie if I would say that I haven't at least once asked myself how Hyperburner would look and feel if there would be an VR Version of it on Steam that I could load up on my Oculus Rift :D

If you are into those kind of Games there is no way around Hyperburner at the current moment. Just go and grab it and enjoy your time with the Game as I did it so far too.

9. Just beat some of my endless high scores and I'm #3-6 on all leaderboards, but I'm sure that won't last long. :p

Also, anyone else catch yourself ducking your head in tight spaces or is it just me?

And per my previous post, the dev says he's looking into doing something about the color of the scope. :)

10. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Wow this is really good.
    And for what it is the load times are incredily short and the game runs smooth as butter

11. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Are the endless maps randomly generated, or same every time. buying either way probably

12. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Indeed. Downloading now.

13. From what I can tell, it seems to repeat the level over and over, getting faster and faster. So you can sort of memorize the path if you play enough.

14. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

#34 razorracer83, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Technically, it is a tunnel runner, where you are in a tunnel and have to dodge obstacles as much as possible. This kind of reminds me of the AiRace and SpeedX 3D tunnel runners on 3DS.

15. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I should add that's it's awesome to see your name on this Patrick. You do a lot of work in mobile gaming. And we truly appreciate all the work, time and money that goes into products like this.

16. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Absolutely loving this game. I'm going to try to at least hold my #2 spot but whoever Agent Plang is, they are seriously talented.

17. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Definitely picking this one up after watching some gameplay. Love the music with its almost uncanny atmosphere... very mysterious and yet soothing... hard to explain. :D

18. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Ditto on that, the music is otherworldly and immersive, absolutely perfect for this game! The dev should definitely release the soundtrack. Whoever made this music is seriously talented!

19. ibis_87

ibis_87 Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Male
    Manager
    Moscow, Russia.
    Amazing, as expected. Can't believe this was made by just one person! Even releases from software giants often lack this level of polish. Good that I went forward and got it.

20. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Polished gem, but after having seen all levels i went back to Rally Rush 2, because Pikes Peak is calling. #