Universal Hyper Breaker Turbo - (by Barry Kostjens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats on your third place for Game of the week, last week.

2. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks for voting! :D

3. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I replayed a few Neon levels and now I beat Roger :) I'm sure the score is gone by the time anyone reads this, but at least I saw it. 92/100 now, so still room to beat Andy I guess :) That no 1 score is insane though.

I wish the game would auto-rotate in portrait mode. It has happened to me a few times that I accidentally pushed the home button when I had to have my finger really low on the screen. When I then start the game again it starts a new game, the game isn't saved in memory (possibly because I'm playing on a device that doesn't have a lot of memory).

4. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

I'll see what I can do about the auto-rotate :)

About the save-state matter: That's really a lot of work to implement, that's why it was left out.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats Lena, I now see you again on Game Center, hope you will stay on there.

6. Psychedelic-Trip

Mar 22, 2013
    Reminds me of Brick Breaker Revolution 3D.

7. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the great Touch Arcade review! It really means a lot to me :)

8. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Great game! FYI- I'm having lots of issues with crashing when my phone goes in and out of service (had issues when I was riding the subway and playing).

9. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Today a new update went live! We now have autorotation support, so no more accidentally hitting the home button :)

Also to celebrate the launch of An Alien with a Manget, HBT is now on sale!

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    This is the smoothest, most "natural" feeling brick-breaker I've played on ios since Anodia.

Hyper Breaker Turbo is in good company, because Anodia is a masterpiece.

I can play this no problem on an ipad with a stylus. Kudos to the dev for not limiting the paddle movement to the playfield (the game takes up about 80% of the width, but you can swipe the paddle across 100% of the screen).

Playing this is like playing a CAVE shooter. Silky smooth controls and spot on physics; the most important (but most often lacking) features in a brick-breaker. This coming from someone who owned both Breakout and paddle controllers for the Atari 2600.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Bought this game today and...My absolut favorite brick-breaker, ever !

But...
    Playing on iphone5, not JB, latest version and i do the "whole procedure" before i start up the game the first time. Re-downloaded the game twice. The game keeps freezing every third level. Anybody else ?

12. woutibara

woutibara Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Barry, will there be any content updates?
    Also, Nederlandse games vind ik altijd geweldig :)

13. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    Hey guys! Thanks for keeping Hyper Breaker Turbo alive and kicking! We (me and Barry) really appreciate it!

Really much appreciated Greyskull! Glad you like it! How far are you right now? :)

Awesome! Glad you think that way! We are excited to hear that! About the 'bug/crash', are you still experiencing it? Did you tried removing/deleting the game and reinstall it? Also tried a reboot? (Home Button + Power Button pressed it). If it's still not working I'll mention Barry about this... Sorry that it's not working as intended!

Not at this moment! We're currently working hard getting our previous title Push Panic! iPhone 5 ready and also running in full 60FPS! At the moment we're not working on new content, but we might do that in the near future! Stay tuned! :) We have some plans!

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    ^That's exactly what i mean with the 'whole procedure'. I did it twice.
    Including an empty task-bar.
    Mostly happens when there are multiple balls on screen. Coincidence ?

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    yep same here..

16. nojviad

nojviad Well-Known Member

May 28, 2013
    I love this game. It brings me so much fun with a lot of exciting thingums, especially the green crazy insane ball :D I'm trying to get all stars of Classic, just not easy at all :D

17. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    What device and iOS are you guys on?

Awesome! Glad you like it so far! :)

18. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    iPhone 5, latest iOS, no JB

19. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    This game is great, wish there were more levels

20. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I'm having the exact same problem on my iPad 4. Sometimes when multi-ball has been activated the game completely locks up. I have to exit the App to unfreeze it.