Universal Hyper Breaker Turbo - (by Barry Kostjens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well only for the most blocks broken, the counter just stopped at 19.936 and I am way over 30.000, it's weird.

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    It would seem weird if a syncing problem consistently affected me and this game (other games all work fine) and also a bit strange that a syncing problem would actually remove me from the leaderboards.

I noticed that one of the problems is that I have to get a new highscore in a level to show up in GC again. I just played a Neon level again with a highscore and I see myself on the Neon and Global leaderboards now. No idea how long that will last. I also played a classic level with a crappy score, and I'm still not on the Classic leaderboard.

Can it have something to do with iOS 5? Bobbing used to have some problems with GC and iOS 5. My scores often didn't sync (all fixed now). I don't think I ever disappeared there though.

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The only time I've seen myself removed from a leaderboard was because a dev had set a maximum score on a leaderboard and I'd scored above it. I'd be added to the leaderboard when playing, then disappear again a short time after.

The fact that your highest "accepted" score is so close to 20,000 makes me think that might have been set as a limit. are you at the top of the leaderboard?

Perhaps the dev can double check if they've set such a leaderboard. The good news is that, if that is the problem, it can be adjusted without updating the app.

4. DSIMPLIFIED

DSIMPLIFIED New Member

May 20, 2013
    I'm extremely impressed with HBT. This is definitely my favorite iOS brick breaker. I normally don't like the curved paddles, but I absolutely love this one. Well its probably because of the controls, or a little bit of both. Anyways, I really like the themes, but I would love to have more. Do you plan on adding more themes with future updates? Any of them being worked on as of now or have you not got that far yet? Thanks for a great game and keep up the good work!

Oh yeah, I just left ya a 5 star in the App Store.

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Oh that would be a fun explanation :) Sadly, I'm not that good.
    Just checked again, and now I'm not on any leaderboard anymore, not even the most breaked blocks. I played a level in all the themes, set a new highscore in Neon and Doodle, and now I'm back on the Global, Neon, Doodle and Blocks leaderboard (still not on Classic because I didn't get a highscore there).

6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Are You from the Gaming University or what Andy. I have 97/100 classic, 91/100 doodle and 86/100 neon.

7. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Oh hey, I have 100/100 classic :) 23 and 25 were hard, though in the end I got 23 with 2 lost balls I think.

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Great Lena, I think I have to try harder.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #89 Andy C83, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
    100/100 Neon. And #1 on all leaderboards except Most Bricks Broken (#2) :p

Edit: 5 Million worldwide bricks broken, well done everyone. :)

10. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

So achievements are working then?

11. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

That is great to hear :)

We currently aren't working on new levels yet, it'll really depend how HBT will do. If it does well we'll create a new theme with new levels for sure. If it doesn't do well we will work on a new game :)

Thanks for the review!

12. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Wow! 5M already, that was really fast!

Grats on the #1 spots!

13. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

I just checked it, just to be sure, but this is not the case. All scores are way under the set upper limit.

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The achievements work very well, only the block counter doesn't work, but don't worry it's no big deal.

15. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

#95 VTX, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
    Well hehe :)

For be it is a big deal if it doesn't work like it should. I checked all related code yesterday but I can't find a deal breaking bug that causes this to happen. Will look into it again.

Edit: Triple checked my code, but I really can't find anything wrong with it. Now searching google, I already found some people with the same problem. Will report back when I know more.

Edit2: This really looks like it is an issue on Apple's end. Found a lot of dev's with similar problems (disappearing from a leaderboard and scores not updating). I'll contact Apple and hopefully they can look into it and fix the problem.

16. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well I always check out GAMEKINGS, but they spend so little time on IOS Gaming, they always blabbering about consoles, which in my opinion is history, I sold all my consoles, because IOS Gaming the last 4 years was the best and most fun gaming I had in 30 years. But gonna watch the video now.

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    This is OK - I like the concept - but I don't think it's as good as Push Panic. You did a good job of mixing up the objectives in that, but this doesn't have the same variety from level to level.

Would be nice to see some timed levels where the aim is to get to the end ASAP, maybe alternative challenges like avoiding power ups (4 stars for no power ups, etc.).

Also (correct me if I'm wrong as I'm only 5 or 6 levels into the Doodle pack) bit there don't seem to be any new mechanics/power ups introduced after a while, just slightly different block shapes/arrangements.

It's certainly not a bad game but Push Panic is still on my phone after several months and I had high hopes for HBT but don't see it having the same longevity.

19. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply! And sure, I can imagine Push Panic works better for you then Hyper Breaker Turbo! But keep in mind, HBT is still a game concept with some major twists, but in essence it's still a breakout-like game. Push Panic is a completely new concept, new gameplay and new mechanics.

But, what you're saying about that HBT doesn't 'change' in levels in comparison with Push Panic, I can't agree with. Simply because PP is the same gameplay, it just gets harder/longer each time, but Hyper Breaker Turbo has completely different level designs, new power ups, specials in each theme and other stuff. Sure, Doodle only has some new shapes blocks, look 'nd feel and no 'real' exclusive specials, but the whole look 'nd feel should make it feel like another game in some way.

Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate all feedback/tips and more! :) If you would have some features in mind to improve HBT for you, let us know!

20. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I would really like to play this game with landscape orientation on my iPad.