Universal Hyper Breaker Turbo - (by Barry Kostjens)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I hadn't this issue. Info window went away and I was able to continue playing without problems.

2. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

The stars are directly related to the score you get in the level.

So the basic is: try to break as much blocks as possible, while catching all the bonus specials.

Keep this in mind:

* Blocks that need to be hit more than once are giving more points than basic blocks

* When multiple blocks are removed fast after each other score chaining will go into effect. You will get extra points when the chaining effect is activated. You can see this on the green color of the score popups. To keep the chaining activated try to slam the ball is hard as possible, best used in combination with the bouncy paddle power-up. This way the chain will remain active even when the ball hits the paddle before hitting another block. This technique will require some practice though, but it is very satisfying when you get it right :)

* Every life you don't loose will give extra points

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Ah, cool, thanks. One time, I missed a lot of blocks while the screen moved a bit upward. So I let the ball through and was luckly able to catch it again, with the lava just beneath the paddle move zone. I cleaned those blocks and went on. That was pretty fun.

4. bigukdaz

bigukdaz Active Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Got to say I am really tempted to buy this but have been stung so many times by price drops. I really like these types of games and bought brickout zero gravity at full price only for it to drop in price then go free. Think it would be a good idea that games don't drop in price for at least a couple of months after release.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    100/100 stars in classic, and #1 on Game Center. Awesome game. My new favourite breakout game, taken over from Anodia. :D

I don't mind if this game drops in price to gain some recognition, I have already gotten my £1.49p worth, with a lot more to come. Plus, this game deserves to be played by as many people as possible.

6. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

That is really awesome to hear :) This is why I create games, this kind of feedback makes me feel really happy :)

I see your #1 spot in the classic leaderboard yes, it'll be interesting too see if you can beat the #1 global position, good luck with that :)

Btw: how difficult (or easy) did you think it was to get all stars on classic, if rated 1 to 10, 1 beiing super easy, 10 being way too hard?

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well andy congrats you did it again, but I am on your tail, Ha Ha.

8. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ha, thanks. Still early days yet, though. Loads of potential for getting higher scores, and I see you creeping up on me. ;)

There were some levels that took quite a few goes before I got all the stars, I don't remember which ones off the top of my head. Overall in terms of getting 100/100 stars in Classic I'd give it an 7.5/10 difficulty. Maybe 8.5 for Roger. :p

9. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I bought this looking for something different, having never really gotten into block breaking games. Verdict: They're still not for me, but this is an extremely well made game; it's polished, colorful, controls very well. So I don't regret dropping a couple bucks to support quality devs.

10. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Bought it, love it, one question. Are there plans for iCloud support for syncing level progress or should I plan on picking a device and just playing on it?

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fun game!

Reminds me a little bit of Devilish for the SEGA Genesis, but with more/more fluid scrolling.

12. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Please make some competitive infinite mode where you have to go as far as you can (no score, just distance)

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Now that's an idea!

Devs. - yeah, I support this! Make some kind of Doodle (Jump) Break! :)

14. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

@Andy C83 & Roger-NL: You're very very close to each other in GC now, very nice to see this competition going on :)

15. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Got this because, hey, Dutch devs! I'm never patriotic except when it comes to games :)
    I'm not a fan of brick breakers, but I must say that this is really well done indeed. The music is great too and really fits the game and I really love the overall style.

16. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot :)

17. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Sorry, I missed this question. For now no iCloud support is planned. You might think it is easy to implement, but that is not at all the case. Since I'm the only coder (with very limited time), this feature has been left out. Maybe Apple will make things easier in the upcoming iOS7, might do an update then, or at least make sure our next game supports it :)

No promises for now though, sorry.

Ricardo and me had this idea ourselves as well. It was left out purely because we where already working in the game for 2,5 year and we finally wanted it to be released. If the game does well I might (again no promise) think about adding this, as it would be indeed very cool, also for Game Center competition :)

18. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    No problem at all! I have enough games to play on both and a lot less time! Glad to pick just one and dig into it! :D

19. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    I personally prefer the iPad for Hyper Breaker Turbo for one reason. I just love moving the paddle with my whole hand instead of just my thumb/finger on the iPhone! Makes me quicker to react on multiballs and such! Let us know what you think of the game :)

20. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I finally managed it, but Doodle 3 is way too difficult to get 4 stars on. :eek: