Universal Hyper Blaster - Fast-paced Arcade shooter for iPhone/iPad releasing August 18th!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Combopunk, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Omg it's up like a DAY early for me !! See ya later !

2. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I'm only just seeing this thread and it looks awesome, still love a good blaster even after all this years of playing them, just check the UK app store and it available already so downloading this now for a quick go before work

3. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Only been playing like 10 minutes Already addicted and Already unlocked TERBO mode by hitting a score of 76. Loving the game! I wish I could pay more then the 1$ =]

Just some quick initial thoughts

This one I'm really surprised that no one that beta tested had a problem with,
    You can see so much of the field above you and very little of what's under you. Is it just awkward and annoying to me ?? Was that a designs decision ? Like 80% of my deaths so far is from just traveling downward in the map and a guy just standing there or one of the quick little guys just RigHT off the screen. I tried doing the less risky baby jumps to move downward at a slow pace and only do big jumps if I'm going upwards, but it's making for a awkward mechanic I feel like. let me know if it's intentional and/or if it's just me. That's my only real grip with the game so far, but like I said I'm already addicted !

Time to go chew up some TERBO mode !

(Oh I'm playing on a 6+)

4. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Or maybe it's the huge ammunition bar blocking a lot of he bottom half of the playing Field

Just some ideas, maybe make it like 1/4 of the size it is now or but it vertically along the side of the screen just a lot thinner ?

5. Combopunk

Combopunk Member

Aug 11, 2016
    #25 Combopunk, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Awesome! It'll be great to get your thoughts!! Hope you dig the game!

That's brilliant, I'm really glad you were able to see the game early and thanks so much for the awesome comments! You've done great to unlock Turbo mode already! For me, it's where it's at, it's all about the speed!

I'll look to sort this for you in a future patch! (let's call it the esty8nine ammo bar fix adjustment(tm)?). On your device (the 6+) the screen aspect is making that ammo bar a little too chunky, this is easily resolved my end and I'll roll it in with the first content patch very soon :)

-

Now the game is starting to appear out there, I guess it needs a release thread!! How do I go about that? I've not done one before!

6. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Just made a forum thread for your game and I've paid to remove ads. Now I have to get to work!

7. Combopunk

Combopunk Member

Aug 11, 2016
    That's brilliant of you, thanks very much! Means a lot to have you guys supporting the release!