Universal Hyena Squad (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, memory being the cause is just my assumption, so you should wait for the dev who seems to visit here often to check the problem first.

FYI, I am playing the game on iPad 2019. While the iPad heats up, the game hasn’t crashed so far.

2. Agamon

Agamon New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    Hi! So far I love this game, but I really would like to see more documentation. For example, when a gear adds ‘action points’ are we talking about special abilities only? Extra shots? Both? One thing in classic mode and a different in mixed mode?

Does how many times a unit fires in mixed mode only depend on AP? Do abilities become ‘free’ or still use AP?

Lastly two suggestions : 1) while on the shop, if I click on a character’s paper doll slot, automatically switch the store to that type of item for that character. It’s a little annoying to guess/try to remember which items a character can use. 2) A configurable tool bar with favourite skills at the bottom would be awesome. Could even have up/down arrows to switch to items or more skills or both. Oh and I guess I had a third suggestion lol, don’t end the mission when I kill everything unless you also award all the collectibles too (and display a message to that effect) - it feels silly to keep running from a zombie while I try to gather all the loot.

As for a review: love the game, plays like a dream on my iPad Pro 10.5” (2017), iOS 12.4.x max settings. Tactical turn based game with fun varied mechanics and no horrible IAP. I Pre-ordered it without any qualms after playing Shieldwall Chronicles, and I’m not disappointed.

(ps: Here’s to seeing a shieldwall sequel with even more RP & story elements. )

mgambino likes this.
  3. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I love this dev’s games, but I have to admit that I was really hoping he’d jump right back with Shieldwall Chronicles 2. I’ve played through that damn game so many times I could probably tell you every character’s skill tree by memory.

Also, I liked having the gender option for each class, the only way he could top that for me is having a create a character, but that’s probably waaaaaaay more work than it’s worth.

Agamon likes this.
  4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If the game is going for fixed members, I wanted to see team members having some interaction or participating in the story.

5. Agamon

Agamon New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    One way I could see a more RP based shield chronicles 2 would be if the people that joined you depended on which people you wished to help. Help the bandits and you might earn the loyalty of the bandit skirmisher or rogue archer. Help the city and perhaps a paladin or city guard would join. Rescue the bear you might earn druids help. Help the hunters earn a hunter. Extra props if some of the ‘bad guys’ have a point and aren’t totally evil (bandits reduced to banditry because they were betrayed by the local lords and refused payment once a war ended, hunters destroying the forest doing it to desperately try to feed their village forsaken by a lord, a paladin of truth upholding the law because bandits often kill innocents, etc etc etc

Still, I think it’s unrealistic to expect baldur’s Gate 2 or later titles’ degree of inter-character and story interactions on a game not produced by a millionaire studio and not costing $60 (or $100s in IAP like some of square enix’ titles) .

Jstorm likes this.
  6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think it was a pre-order discount. The appinfo on the forums sometimes lags behind price changes on the App Store, but the correct price is now being reflected in the first post.

stubbieoz likes this.
  7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think I’ve seen the similar approach with your idea of player selection affecting who joins or not in Banner Saga... still hoping Stoic brings the 3rd entry to iOS.

Anyways, for me, simply having the squad leader telling the mission objective instead of just texts in the pre mission screen, and squad members responding to it would be enough for a starter.

8. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Meanwhile, like the man child I am, I just imagine character interaction in my head. Too much D&D I suppose.

9. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    +1 for these changes.

10. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    +1 for these changes, please.

11. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    I see there is an update to fix the crashing. What Graphics settings are now recommended for 2 GB devices to prevent crashing?

CJ

12. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    It now runs on iPad Air 2 without crashing. The graphics settings have been removed.

13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    There was an update a few days ago, and now skills are placed at the bottom of the screen. Much better than pulling up the skill panel.

14. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi all,

Sorry for lack of replies ... just been busy with stuff.

Hope you guys like the new UI. If it's good, I'll likely do the same for Shieldwall Chronicles too as that has the older design where pressing a button brings up the list of abilities.

Jstorm likes this.