Hunting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Donovan1209, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'll bring my Mosin Nagant for the occasion.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'll bring the chocolate!

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I prefer starbursts. :eek:

4. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Just cause it's you Booch, I'll get some of those. ;)

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Sure. I love hunting. I do it all the time. Like last week, when I went hunting with my shotgun in my local national park. ;)

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What were you hunting? Kangaroos? Wallabies? Crocodiles? Aboriginals?

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Prisoners.

8. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    GILFS, or should that be GHLFS?

9. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    We eat what we kill, unless its a skunk ;). But I hunt mainly pheasants right now, and deer whenever season starts here. But I hunted turkey last year (and got nothing). But it's a lot of fun when you get something. And hunting isn't all guns, there's bow hunting too, if you wanna give it a fair chance. And it's not like I don't give the animal a fighting chance to escape, I never shoot them on the ground (except for one case, but that's an exception), I get them in the air so I have to shoot and hope I hit him. I think it's the same case, we're animals who need food too ;)

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Rifle = Penis extension

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Well that's simply not true. Otherwise my dick would be much bigger. :rolleyes:

12. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I hunt for little children at the neverland ranch. some little children still feed in the basements.

13. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    I hunt elk every year but not going this year can't get any time off work. I love it don't get one every year but when you do then you will respect the animal and nature more than you silly humans in your giant concrete citys eating at your processd fast food joints and your supper markets. I wonder how many animals die to got to a market to only end up in the trash? My one elk a year will be about a years worth of meat and every bite I take I think about that elk and how much work it was to get it home and that something a lot of people will never understand.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Exactly. I hate it when the city slickers complain about hunting and say that all hunting is evil and cruel, yet they don't understand where the food they eat comes from and how animals have been caged up all their life.

15. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You don't wanna admit that dude.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe they eat free range food.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #37 LBG, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    Maybe. But still, many people living in cities have no idea how things operate in the country. People who eat the processed crap and battery chickens/eggs etc, they think that hunting is barbaric and cruel, yet they are eating food where the animals have suffered much more than they would have if they'd been shot in the wild. And it's not so bad in the UK, luckily a lot of our food is free range/organic, but it's worse in other countries.

Also this article shows just how ignorant some people in the UK can be when it comes to food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6734275.stm

18. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I do eat and enjoy meat. But I don't want to be the one responsible for the killing of the animal. If I had the choice to shoot every animal I eat, or be vegetarian, then I would be a vegetarian.

Even though I know it is contradictory to think this way, I try and reason with myself.

For example, it's like when you buy a computer, or more topically, an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. We all know of the harsh working conditions of people living in Asia, China etc making these devices. It may be so that they are treated badly, especially compared to America or the UK. Go here: http://labornotes.org/blogs/2010/06/suicides-apple-factory-china-rock-sweatshop-supply-system. It gives a good enough explanation of the conditions in the factory.

However, does the fact that you bought an iPhone, iPod or iPad mean that you agree with these conditions, and suicides linked with them? Would you yourself volunteer to work in one of these factories because it is Ok for this to be happening? This then relates back to the hunting business. Even though I endorse the product, I don't necessarily agree with the way that it is manufactured.

19. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    Well your analogy is a little off if your still talking about hunting. It should be more like if you had the know how and materials would you build an iPhone yourself in your basement? I would, hunting elements the very conditions you disagree with.

20. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Not necessarily. If I had hunting my way then animals would be treated well (not in battery farms) and then be killed instantly so that they couldn't have possibly suffered in the process. But unfortunately that is not the case, and unfortunately for you, you haven't been given the materials and the know how to create your own iPhone.