iPad Hunting: Deer vs. Xring

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by McGill, Nov 18, 2008.

1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Has anyone got these yet? Been dying for a shooting app., and maybe one of these will hit the mark better than iHunt...

2. I haven't got either of these, but Hunting: Deer seems to just use the touch screen to shoot your arrows, whereas Xring uses either touch or tilt control. I was looking at Xring myself, but call me sadistic- I'd rather shoot something living than a piece of board.
    A new version of iHunt has come out. It's a little improvement over the first version, but still nowhere near as good as it should be (my review has just been posted in my blog).
    I don't think we've got one app of this type yet that I can say looks the dogs balls!

3. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I do own Cow Hunt! lol
    can't say that I've played it anytime recently though...

4. I commend you for admitting to it :D

I own it too as it was one of the first games to use tilt to aim a crosshair. I really think it's the best way to play a sniping game on the iPhone/Touch. I just wish someone would do a GOOD game using this method.

5. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    OK - Went with Xring...Initial thoughts:
    DAMN! This is hard!!! You have 9 minutes (yes, it's a timed competition) to hit the target 20 times. Sounds easy, right? Well, there is a constant wind blowing, so it's next to impossible to hit the bullseye. I mean, i did it, and did damn well with my first round, but it took about 6 minutes to do it. And one more thing. To get a classification, such as Sharpshooter, Master, etc., you have to complete 6 full rounds of competition.

Let me know if this helps with your decision, and see you on the shooting range...

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Got Xring too.

iHunt, let me say, is just for fun and the last version is better.

Xring requires more aiming and precision due the wind (it's not only a matter of aim the target but calculate the shot trajectory considering the wind).

The stats/classification is a plus for Xring (you may want to get a better classification and play it again).

Xring requires more time and patience to play.

I like it so far.

7. eileenwilson

eileenwilson New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I have XRing, so far I really like it too. It's challenging w/ the wind! :p Definitely one I love to play while trying to wind down after work.

The trick for me is to wait for the wind to slow down and then fire as many shots as possible before the wind picks up again, but yeah, you're racing against the clock.

I really like the graphics, I think it's very polished looking, more so than some of the other apps out IMO.

Anyways, it's a fun little app, totally worth the two bucks. If you want a shooting game, this one's really cool.

Anyways, that's my two cents... hope it helps!:D

8. Hmm. Maybe if you could swap the target for a terrorist or zombie head I might be interested (I'm a sadistic g!t).

9. eileenwilson

eileenwilson New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    LOL nice! You know, zombie games are always fun though! :D

10. dannyboy

dannyboy New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Ahh! I'm so looking for some good zombie apps! dont have xring yet, maybe that can give me my fix :D

overall, xring seems to have a good rating?

11. mek

mek Well-Known Member

is XRing a hunting game, like hunting game/animals, or just target practice?

12. eileenwilson

eileenwilson New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    it's a target shooting game... um, hunting targets? ;) just kidding. yeah, it's just target shooting.