Universal Hunters 2 - (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Only a tiny and unrepresentative sample of users post on these forums. And only a tiny fraction of those post about such stuff. If you took every single user who's complained "I hate IAP" in the past year in the TouchArcade forums, it still wouldn't be a large number. It's just a terrible way to try to judge what the effect on actual users is.

2. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

So anyone...
    Icloud in this game?

3. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    You're right, it would be, except that isn't what I said.

Not sure what your angle here is, or what your beef is, but the two facts

1. IAP scares off some unknown number of buyers
    2. Consumable IAP revenue may or may not offset lost revenue scared off buyers

are only debatable when you continually read them as

1. Because a couple of dozen people post they won't buy a game because of IAP, I conclude a majority of people will never touch your game
    2. I am almost positive it's a net loss to include consumable IAP in a game that charges up front

See, as best I can tell, you keep reading the former two points as the latter, and since I never said anything like that, you're going to need to find something else to disagree with, which based on our history, won't take that long :D

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I was trying to answer your question about why they include IAP.

It's because their beliefs about how it affects their revenue are different from what you believe.

5. Nortiest

Nortiest Member

Mar 22, 2012
    I'm afraid not. We wanted to include iCloud support, but unfortunately the in-mission saves are too big. We looked at a whole host of ways in which we could still support iCloud without in-mission saves, but there were too many ways in which players could lose progress so we decided against it.

We included IAPs in a way that we felt was very unobtrusive. The game is completely playable without them, but we know that a large number of players want to be able to buy credits. I can see why some people are put off games that have IAPs (arguably due to the early proliferation of pay-to-win games), but hopefully they will see that we've made a game where we've put fun first.

6. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #106 visionwebs, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    The more I play this game the more I love it! :)
    Finding legendaries is a feeling of achievement.

Would like some kind of ability to transfer save games in the future, however it's done though.
    or can you do it with something like iExplorer?
    I don't know if thats a good program or not but saw it mentioned on a forum a while back.

7. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    This is excellent so far, a real improvement. The hardcore mode is perfect, I've just had my entire team wiped out in a daily contract!

I really like the small things, like each bullet being rolled for individually rather than just a binary hit/miss. Little things like that make such a difference.

Just one thing I'd love to see is an option to turn off rotate in the options, I never want to use it and its annoying when it happens when you are zooming.

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Does this mean there is no back up of the save game and no way to play on borh devices?

9. batmessiah

batmessiah Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    R&D Lab Technician
    Okay, hardcore iOS gamer here. I've spent well over a grande on the appstore since my first iPhone, and honestly, I don't care whether or not a game has in app purchases. Now if I paid $5 for a game, and the game required another $10 of in app purchases to be playable, yeah, that would be a problem, but this game isn't one of those games.

I've put about 4 hours into Hunters 2 so far, and I'm loving it. I have about 3000 points worth of Space Marines, so this game is right up my alley. I know this game has in app purchases, but I haven't even looked at what they are. I've been having too much fun playing the actual game.

10. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    how many hours TOTAL does this game (campaign) take to complete.

11. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #111 visionwebs, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    I completed the campaign in half a day its quite easy and went straight in with hard more, you can play it in one sitting if you know what your doing, have some skill and a good few hours to spare. (but make no mistake it is hard but only later on, there aren't too many campaign missions so it would have been nicer for more as the difficulty started to ramp up big time mostly at the end).

Excellent replay ability with the daily missions though. It's definitely worth it the more I play the more I like it really and I'm done with the campaign now...

If I were you don't buy it for the campaign and see those as extras. The real game is still what hunters one was, which is a skirmish game that gives you 5-6 options of maps and changes them each day.

12. eAdvisory

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    really? wow, ill pass for now then.

13. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Builds on everything that made the first game great, and universal too! I'm a happy buyer.

14. jonnycache

jonnycache Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Enemy facing

Does anyone know if the direction a unit is facing makes any difference to the damage sustained and is it possible to sneak up on enemies?

15. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Mate, there are many hours of gameplay in this.

16. eAdvisory

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    i got a big back log, ill buy this later

17. JJay

JJay Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    This game is great! I'm not a big fan of turn based games but this game is just brilliant.
    For the guy asking about the campaign. It's only I think about 7 missions but there is so much more to the game than the campaign.

18. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I swore a dev said there were more melee weapons than the hammer. Are hammers it again??

19. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Well, technically, the Caius hero has a sword, so that's two, but since Caius actually sucks by the time you are strong enough to beat the end boss and his gear can't be changed, eh, it counts as "more melee weapons" but not so much.

20. VaporKnight

VaporKnight Member

May 18, 2010
    Computer Engineer
    Canada
    Classes?

Hi all,

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find anywhere in the game or on the wiki that describes the differences between the classes. Where can I find this info?

Ie: Stalker vs Arbiter vs Annihilator etc. I only played the first mission. Now I have 15k credits I don't know what to do with because I don't know every hunters' strengths.

Thanks

-VK