Universal HUNTDOWN (by Easy Trigger Games) [Coming 2021!]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AndreasR, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Being generous?
    Like letting people play it free- with no profit?
    I will donate some money if that's there goal
    Just make sure it's through iap and do not force me to send a minimum of 30$

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I don't like this because i already love it

3. AndreasR

AndreasR Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Thanks! Yeah, we want more games like that as well. The main reason we do this is because we want to play it ourselves! :)

No release date yet, but we work hard to get it out as soon as possible.

We love this reaction :)

4. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Any more info?

I wanna keep this section alive and well! How was GDC? How was SXSW??

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Any update?

6. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    this game will never leave my device. that's all i can say.

7. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah I totally agree

8. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #48 raravan, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    http://se.ign.com/m/ign-sverige/80170/interview/blodigt-gangkrig-i-ljuvliga-pixlar-vi-intervjuar-s

and here is the translated version of this interview, exclusively from Google Translate.

The trailer for your new games Hunt Down was awfully delicious. Tell me more about the game and its approach?

Tommy - Glad you like it! We want to make a game that we ourselves are prepared to play, with a lot of action and varied gameplay. The dystopian world in which we are based in Hunt Down comes from our influences. We are both indoctrinated by lökiga action films from the 80s and pixelated arcade games on the Commodore computers and the early game consoles like Nintendo and Sega. While we love sci-fi and electronic music (preferably from the 70s and 80s). Hunt Down naturally have these elements.

Both Tommy and Andrew are very anxious about the craft, the game engine is programmed from scratch and pixlas graphics and animated by hand. They have e.g. a modified palette is based on the Atari 2600 that consists of only 162 colors. The music is done in an old tracker program with samples which are mostly converted from the Amiga 500 to the PC, where the notes are inserted by hand.

I get very many impressions from the world of film, ranging from obvious The Warriors to Akira, Blade Runner and Robocop, but also blaxpoitation genre with narrator. Where have you found your inspiration?

Tommy - That's good, but, oh, where do we start? The inspiration is a bit of the essence in this project: a bizarre cocktail of different musical influences, games and movies that have their red thread in the absolutely fabulous - and simultaneously silly naive - 80s. To name a few, so we grew up with and worshiped dark action films like John Carpenter's Escape from NY, The Running Man, Total Recall, Alien films and the Terminator, and the "lighter" films Big Trouble in Little China and The Last Dragon Bruce Leroy and Sho'nuffs glowing fists, haha. As for the style of the narrator, we felt that we wanted to have an unexpected twist that still builds the concept of a silly beauties direction, the cocktail you know.

The game is reminiscent of the run n gun genre, such as the Contra series, it is structured in a similar way?

Tommy - Of course! We want to keep it simple in order to focus on gameplay in a format where the player will recognize themselves. Then we can focus our efforts on building fun courses and challenging end bosses.

Do you have any special mechanics that stand out?
    Tommy - You mentioned Contra before, Hunt Down looks a little like Contra, but differs from the type of shooter by the player can take cover in the surrounding area. It allows Hunt Down has a unique gameplay where shots fluctuations based on the timing and tactically to advance in gun battles. Then we have also variety in the gameplay. You can not just rush in Hunt Down. However, we are convinced that the most persistent speed runners find their shortcuts anyway.

What will the game cost? Will micro-transactions and the like?

Andreas - We are still discussing the payment solution but agree that we should avoid micro-transactions, waiting times and ads, you know stuff like that often destroys the gaming experience in today's game. The fairest we lean towards is that you should be able to play Hunt Down for free all you want, but when you die, the game starts from the beginning. Do you want to continue on the path you are on, you buy just the game for a lump sum and get unlimited "Continues". Hypothetically, you can clear the entire game without having to pay for it, but then you must be an exceptionally talented gamer. We hope that the hardcore players will see it as a fun challenge and that we mere mortals will be sufficiently beaten for wanting to buy it.

Makes sense. a similar system used Mediocre Games with their game Smash Hit and it was of course a great success. Mobile Games Branchen is not very easy to get into, especially if you demand more of nine crowns for a game if one is completely fresh. Sounds like a win-win situation for both you and the players!

Glad you think the same, we hope that more developers choose this path.

The game is scheduled to be released on mobile platforms and also Steam?

Andreas - The idea is to let Hunt Down to iOS and Android in the first step. However, we have prepared everything to computer and television screens. We grew up with playing games on a large square screen with a joystick in the hand (preferably in co-op with friends) and to which we want to achieve with Hunt Down.

How have you worked to get to the good control with virtual buttons?
    It is something that is often difficult to get to in a satisfactory way for the player.

Tommy - Yes, the problem with using the touch screen controller that is that your thumbs block your view. Therefore, we have limited the number of buttons for the most necessary to minimize the player presses the wrong. The controls in Hunt Down is easier than a NES control and reminiscent of an old Game & Watch. Today, there are four buttons: left, right, shoot and jump. It makes usability increases so that anyone can pick up and play Hunt Down. Less is more. If you played Super Mario 80's so you can play Hunt Down, the same simple principle. Believe not that simple controls make the game easy, Hunt Down will challenge the most seasoned players.

Will the game have access to other control methods, different hand controls (something that is becoming increasingly common, especially in the Android segment)?

Andreas - Absolutely! We will have support for external controls for both iOS and Android. We also look at being able to drop Hunt Down to Apple TV and Android TV.

Released for the different versions?

Tommy: Release Hunt Down is now secret. But we are working hard to get it out as soon as possible!

Future plans?

Tommy: When it comes to games? Masseur.

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The interview just rocks. These guys just get me. I can't wait to play their game and give them money.

Billy

10. Kimchisoju

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Hope they didn't forget about us

At all because I wanna play this!

11. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Any updates on this amazing looking game?

12. Kaneda

Kaneda New Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Work work work

Hi there! Tommy here (the other guy). Many thanks for all the awesome feedback! You guys rock!

We don´t mean to sort of put you guys on hold, its just that we´re drowning in work right now. We´re in a phase of the game development where we need to update schedules in detail, administration work, make documentations and other boring paperwork, take on discussions with publishers etc.

We´re discussing lots of features, but we can´t actually tell you anything of interest for now. We don´t wanna spoil anything neither! But when these things are decided we´re free to reveal more of what is to come. (jayses, we´re totally lame here... sorry!)

Keep you updated soon. Peace!

/ Tommy

Attached Files:

13. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Awesome ! Look very nice

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Looks amazing. Following this one closely.

15. Kimchisoju

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    Hello?

Any updates?

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Are we getting close to beta test?

17. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    This looks awesome! The only thing I'm worried about is your monetization strategy. I think you should put ads or more IAP, I'm afraid you might not get enough money, because you deserve it!

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    They've earned my money already lol!

I can't wait for this game!

I can't wait for yours too Nxtboy!

Billy

19. KingPlume

KingPlume New Member

May 12, 2016
    Incredible trailer !

20. politicsasusual

politicsasusual Active Member

The trailer alone speaks volumes, I'm gonna have to put this on my wish list. If there's ever a beta test I'd be down as well.