Universal Hungry Shark World (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I completely agree.

2. ninjajucer

ninjajucer Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Forgets to load ads

So now that I have a tiger shark, I've noticed the game being selective when allowing you to continue for free. Many times it just hangs, stating unable to load an ad, ok, go back to finish screen and goto start over and an ad appears with no issue. Conspiracy?

Game seems to want you to use gems or spend real money instead of viewing ads (which also gives them money). Odd that it seems to do this the more successful you are. Fun game though. Got the xl shark by doing missions mainly, not upgrading other sharks, and finding chests. Was able to eat enough of those gem fish to upgrade the pacific map fully which helps immensely.

3. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    #103 PsYcHoNoVa, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Overpowered Semi-Automatic Harpooners

Something needs to be done about the scuba divers with the semi-automatic harpoons. I don't know if it's the level of my shark, or secret OTA updates (which I think are being implemented), but they have become extremely overpowered. I run into a group of 4 of them, every 3 screens I cross. Groups of 5 are very common, and result in death 80% of the time.

I went into the swimming pool in the Pacific, and there were 5 harpooners waiting for me. There were zero fish, birds, or humans in the pool. If this is their method of increasing the games difficulty, based on shark size and level, it's a half-assed fail. The enjoyment of playing this game has quickly diminished for me. It's nowhere near as fun as it was last week.

P.S. I won't even consider attacking a submarine now. They shoot 3 missiles per second. It's like the game thinks I'm cruising around with a maxed out Megalodon.

4. ninjajucer

ninjajucer Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #104 ninjajucer, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    The yellow subs are bad, but the giant white ones require a gold rush to kill. Although I've been trying to max my tiger shark, just to see what the prices are for the XXL sharks are. Love the shadow pic of the !! Shark...not sure ill get it anytime soon with needing to own all XXL Sharks to unlock it.

The XXL Sharks are 120,000 for the basking, 140,000 for the hammerhead and 150,000 for the great white.

5. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I definitely get the impression that the trade off is that the bigger and badder your shark is, the faster it dies. I'm with a tiger shark (with food bonus accessories) and gulp down entire shoals of fish in one bite yet the life bar struggles constantly. And the enemies get deadlier.

You can definitely feel the push for IAP stronger in this game compared to previous ones. I unlocked every shark up to big daddy on EVO pretty easy and without ridiculous amount of grinding or even gems.

6. PsYcHoNoVa

Oct 20, 2013
    
    The Bull Shark is my favorite looking one. It sucks that I'll never get to use it again. They should have made all of the sharks the same (S) base level, and they could all be upgraded/leveled up, to an (XXL) size shark. That type of leveling system would be great.

7. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I find that the controls are a step back from HSE. They seem sluggish and semi-unresponsive on my iPad 4. Also I'd like an option to use the enemy shark skins. The player character sharks are nice and cute, but I'd much rather have the more gruesome versions with all the scars and bloody mouths. The player character sharks look goofy for the most part.

8. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Has anyone bought a basking shark or whale shark? I don't see the appeal personally...

9. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    The idea behind this game is pure gold. But progress is painfully slow unless you spend $, and it takes up a ton of memory for what is a pretty simple game. I'd love to see a similar concept executed with larger worlds, simpler graphics, etc. For now, I'll slog along on this one, but keep playing Tasty Planet 2 for a more satisfying experience devouring everything.

10. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    I'm experiencing a lot of lag the further I progress in the game. I've unlocked the XL tier (just the tier, still grinding to get the Great White). And playing Arctic and Arabia gets quite laggy when lots of fish show up. On iPad Air and no other apps running fresh off a reboot.

Arabia is AGGRESSIVE. Those spear machines gunners are nasty.

11. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Anyone reach Kempy's fortress yet? I always die before reaching it. And using gems or ad respawns you back in the water so that doesn't help for this specific situation.

12. ninjajucer

ninjajucer Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Yep, got both. The basking is slow but healthy, and the whale is a bit quicker, but also longer and skinnier. At max level my great white can't get through some spaces.

Hate the placement for the one daily chest in Artic in puffer cave. Very high up, been using a smaller shark at HUNGRY level to get the speed and height.

13. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    Got myself a maxxed Megalodon after read a review on appstore lol

14. PsYcHoNoVa

Oct 20, 2013
    
    That was some Review :D

15. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Any idea what plans devs have to support/ expand the game now that it's out?

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Tiger shark or megamouth?

17. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    For me, the most expensive in each group is always the best choice.

I'm still really enjoying this game. I'm about 30k away from the great white, but I don't see myself playing enough to own all three XXL sharks just to unlock the last one. It seems like each new tier is priced just high enough to make me reconsider how much time I'm putting into the game, and the IAP (for what it's worth) is also overpriced. It's what, $100 of gems to get the great white? For where I'm at now, I'd feel real dumb for skipping ahead that far for that price, even if I was just starting out. I do think that if there was a sub-$5 coin doubler, I'd probably still bite (GET IT!?).

18. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    If you're going to invest in something, invest in the maps. Just the daily chests net you almost 25,000 gold. I've got the great white and already unlocked the other XXL, but Megalodon is 1,500 gems. So you "unlock" the option to buy it, you don't actually get it. Which is a load of BS but that's freemium for yah. So that'll take a while but I'm happy with the great white.

19. yugo23

yugo23 New Member

Sep 3, 2016
    +1

The game changes the rules as you progress. I like challenges, but this is artificial.

20. The Infamous E

The Infamous E Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Does this game have tilt control back yet? I insta deleted when it didn't have tilt control at release, it was the only way I played the previous ones