Universal Hungry Shark World (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    #41 Mr. Charley, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Yeah I stopped playing since can't sync to FB and therefore progress will have to start fresh when I launch the US version once released...

Oh, and sure wish there was the option for a gold doubler....hate when that's not an option. Certainly wouldn't buy gold straight up but a doubler I would...

2. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    My idea was play now on my phone and set up the Facebook sync when it launched, switch over to the CA app and download my save. At least, I'm hoping it will work!

YES! A gold doubler would be awesome, and I would way prefer that instead of buying gems/gold like you said. Was that an option in the previous games?

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    The updated version is bugged for me, but it means Gold Rush is almost permanent. Got 10k gold in 5 minutes :)

4. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    #44 baldeagle86, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Whoa, care to elaborate? :)

They must have fixed it, which is a drag cuz I got super excited! I've seen so many gem fish now though so that's a plus

5. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I cannot wait for the worldwide release of this. However, I suffer from pretty serious Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. The repeated pressing on the left for an analog absolutely kills me. Especially, when it's a game like this one that is extremely addictive. I've tried the tilt controls and am not a fan. I really hope they come up with a decent alternative for this next one. Otherwise, I may have to skip it so my left arm doesn't become completely useless.

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    #46 Mr. Charley, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    I have to admit, I haven't listened to myself and have begun playing it more past few days. :)
    Hoping you are right and cannthen sync upon releasd and worst case, I'll start again...I'm having that much fun.

Don't remember if there was a coin doubler previously but I don't think so.

I emailed dev tonight and asked for a gold and gem doubler but I get the sense it will fall on deaf ears...but without a doubler, I can't see myself spending any money on this game unfortunately because I do like it and would want to support it...

Oh, but I will also say that buying a map really doesn't do much for you because if you want to know where the actual treasures are, that'll cost you 100gems to "upgrade"...thought that was a little on the robbery side...

7. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Ahh too bad about the doubler, yeah I noticed that about the map too unfortunately. When touchy posted about that glitch earlier I was playing for a while and found SO many gem fish (35?) in about 30 min of playing, so that's something for now I guess. I'm really crossing my finger for the save sync to work on launch or like you I'll be restarting which would be very deflating to say the least :)

8. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Which shark were you using? I tried the M hammerhead and it starts a gold rush every time I eat something but immediately ends and I'm getting zero gold from eating anything. So is that their way of fixing it? I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to pull this off!!

9. touchy85

Jan 21, 2015
    I'm using the hammer shark and mega mouth

10. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    I don't have those ones sadly, is it still working? You might just be lucky ;)

11. touchy85

Jan 21, 2015
    It's still working :). If you don't have them yet, go to the loan-shark :D

12. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    #52 baldeagle86, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    LOL! Which hammerhead is it? I have the smaller M size one, I'm 30 missions away from being able to unlock the next class :/

Also, are you playing offline or connecting to their servers? I'm wondering if it got fixed somehow for me

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Any chance this game will become available for the iPhone 5c ??
    Would really love to play and it seems it could work.

14. touchy85

Jan 21, 2015
    They fixed it for me as well. Funny how fast they fix something like this.

15. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    @touchy85 man that bites, I was so excited to get easy gold! I think I got 15000 in an hour yesterday, I would have went bonkers with that glitch. Hopefully it happens again :)

@KeKhan it doesn't like the 5c in the app page unfortunately :( sorry man

16. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    Hey guys I'm stuck! I can't complete 2 missions:
    - Eat 10 flying fish (I can't find them)
    - Eat 3 Blob Fish inside the Galleon (I ate them but no Completed Mision, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRqtUfW1v1U)

17. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Flying fish are far right hand side topside (it's a sunken ship, they're on right hand side of the mast at the surface) be careful though as right below them lurks a great white shark that likes to insta kill you

Blob fish, they are the face head ones? They are in the volcano far left side or near the bottom of the map to the left, surrounded by squids and anglerfish. At least that's what I remember, they are definitely in the volcano though so hopefully you have a M shark to get in there

18. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    Thanks dude! I completed the mission!!!

THE GAME IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AU

19. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    The fact that you can only save your progress to Facebook kills this game for me.

20. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    As opposed to a broken GC?
    I'll take FB amd a fake account any day! ;)