Universal Hungry Shark World (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 15, 2015.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Any updated info as to when this will go live?

2. Marlon Bargh

Marlon Bargh Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 7, 2015
    It's out in Australia and there's an advertisement for it on Hungry Shark Evolution on startup (only Australia I think, has anyone else seen this ad?

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    When does it drop in usa

4. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    I'm looking forward to playing this.

5. lucky4u1986

lucky4u1986 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    After watching the video, i will have to try it for sure. it is also free so i have to download it. hope it will be amazing as it was in video.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap I am loving this game man. Would easily spend money on it if it was out in the US.

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, this game is so damn good.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I just need some bigger sharks man! Getting new ones unlocked is very slow going.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea. I'm on the second tier of sharks right now and it is VERY slow going compared to going from the first to second tier. Granted, the grinding is fun, it's still tough getting some of the missions.

10. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    What is the different from the last game guys? I wanna find something "soft-launch" to play but the trailer looks really like the old shark game

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    It's pretty much more of the same. It's a prettier version on HSE with some small tweaks. (It's still really good tho.) It's F2P, so there's no harm in downloading it and trying out for yourself.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea just bigger in most aspects imo.

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Ok when can I play in USA? Is there a strategy in not letting everyone try this

14. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    It's called a soft launch. Developers test out their games in other markets to make sure that the game is completely polished and well received before releasing it worldwide.
    Games that are in soft launch can stay that way anywhere from a couple of weeks to more than a year.

I'm still waiting on two Chillingo racing titles. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX wasn't released worldwide until 8 months after soft launch.

15. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    I've never really understood the logic with "soft launches" and any game that has multiplayer elements and a stamina system. If a game stays in soft launch for more than a few days, there's no way to ever "catch up" with the early players. (Apart from the almighty wallet, of course.)

Not sure if that applies here, I think the previous Hungry Shark game was primarily a solo experience.

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    That's one thing that's risky with soft launches. You never know if the developer is gonna wipe the slate clean when the game goes worldwide. I've had that happen several times, but it's not fair to other players if a big chunk of people have months of playtime before everyone else. It's also a bummer for the people that actually live in the soft launch areas that had no clue and their saves get wiped. I guess you really can't please everyone.

Like this game. I've got quite a bit of time sink into it. It would be a bummer if all save data got erased.

17. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Any worldwide release date yet?

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone been able to log into FB for the cloud save? Its saying something is wrong.

19. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Still no word for worldwide release?

20. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    I searched and found Feb 4th as the worldwide release, not too far off. I made a dummy Facebook account to set up the save sync but it doesn't seem to work yet, which is a shame because I would love to play on my iPad instead of just my phone. Game is awesome so far though!