Universal Hundreds - (by Semi Secret Software, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

God bless I just though for a second Moment that this is just another overpriced Flash One - Button - Clicking Port. Will give it a try. Expect the usual soon...

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, cancel the lawyers! :p

3. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Couldn't get the video to load to see gameplay, but is all you do is tap bubbles to add up 100? How can that possibly be any fun?

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I have no idea how THIS game plays, like you am unable to check any videos right now. But I do know that while games like Super Hexagon and Gauge - Game don't LOOK very fun, they most definitely are. :)

5. Adam Atomic

Adam Atomic Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    greg and i are the first to admit that the game can look sort of .... well, like you're just tapping on circles. mostly because the game totally is just tapping on circles! that's definitely the whole point of the game. it is not quite as simple as it seems, though, we promise :) Jason Killingsworth (top Super Hexagon player in the world?) wrote me very angry emails about the 100th puzzle!

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looks like the only purchase for this first week of 2013 releases!

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Can't recommend this enough. While it may not look like much on the surface, it completely (gravity) hooks (derp) you in within minutes. Trust me when I say "you'll get it when you get it". No idea how well the multi-touch translates to the smaller iPhone screen yet, but it just feels so damn right on the iPad.

'night folks.

Buy this when it hits the States. OK?

8. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Wow, had to stop 1:30 in. Will deffff be getting this tonight. Looks great!

9. Adam Atomic

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    oh man nice video!! if you want to see the game in action, that video is a perfect example! TONS OF SPOILERS though, don't go too deep if you can help it ;)

10. raymond_cgc

raymond_cgc Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    I hate to be rough (and sorry cause Im new around here), but I see so many positive comments...makes me confused.

I got the game a couple of hours ago, and urm...not good. Or well, maybe not my typa-thing. It is polished, that is certain...but its not a game, and the developer seems to be riding on the wave of his previous game (whihc imo is alse overrated).

I was expecting some radical things here. Is but not the case. Wasted 3 bucks. :(

One word: mundane

11. Adam Atomic

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    aww, sorry you didn't dig it! I'm curious by what you mean by "its not a game"? Could you explain further?

12. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Looks like Boomshine meets Qix!

13. raymond_cgc

Jan 3, 2013
    When you say game, there is action. Like racing, shooting, footballing. But here, I play until level 26, and its a lot of nothing. I saw toucharcade mainpage say its a good game, so I got even if i never liked canabalt.

I cannot express in the correct words why I feel this is not a game. May be some other ppl will play and help me say in better english. i cannot find the words. sorry. but sadly first game i buy in the new year already tuns out not to my liking...hope this not a bad omens.

14. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Just picked this up, very polished. Why are a few of my 24 (so far) completed levels shown as red dots instead of black?

What do those different stats/times mean on the left of each level?

Thanks

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well by those standards, very few puzzlers are games, and even TAs GOTY, Waking Mars, is not a 'game'...

I'm still psyched about this one... I've been a huge fan of minimal graphics puzzlers for quite some time... I will probably check out the flash version first, but only because I've only got a couple bucks on my account until Friday (payday)... But right now, even with some negative impressions, I can't see myself not getting this, it just interests me too much, and hits that love of minimalistic art in that certain corner of my brain. =oD

16. Adam Atomic

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    oooh i see - yea, sorry for the misunderstanding there. Hundreds does not have any of those things, so i can see how that would be a let-down!

17. Adam Atomic

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    the first part is just something you'll have to figure out :)

the second is something we'll be working on more in an update, but one is shortest completion time, and the other is fewest number of touches

18. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

IMHO it's surely worth $3. Just goes to show how out of whack the perception of value on the AppStore has become if you really think it is not worth it. Maybe it's just not your kind of thing. That's fine and understandable, but it's worth the entry fee.
    As far as saying "it's not a game". Well again IMHO its very simple to explain. A game is something you can FAIL at, so this is most definitely a game cuz I'm failing a LOT :D

It never claimed to be a race or FPS game so I can't see your point :s

19. raymond_cgc

Jan 3, 2013
    Ok I am sorry too for not elaborating. By action, I means there is something and then another something. Racing=overtaking, shooting=killing, football=scoring.

What is there here? In 26 levels i never found out.