Huge iPhone data fee

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by November's Chopin, Sep 14, 2012.

1. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Does anyone know how to completely turn off data (only turn it on when need it) and let it stay off, besides turning off the phone that is? I went out of country for a month, didn't use data at all (only wifi at home), then when I came back, my data fee was $200USD, wtf? I did some googling and found that even if you turn data off, it will automatically turn itself back on in a few minutes and then start accumulating data usage? :confused:

2. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Settings/general/network. Disable 'cellular data & 3g'

3. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Yes I already did that... like I said I read that it automatically turns it back on or something, I'm guessing when wifi is not present?

4. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    That has never happened to me or anyone else i know with an iphone. I guess you could also delete the APN settings to be sure?? (under cellular data network)

5. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Wait, did you also switch off 'data roaming' ?

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Well let`s put it that Way...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...using your Phone can get really expensive sometimes and it`s often better to completely turn the the Data off.

Turn off your 3G/Cellular Data/.. which can be found below your Settings/General/Network if you don`t need or at least let my Bill be a warning to you what can happen...

7. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK

Large bills from data roaming i get, people often make that mistake. However, i was referring to the fact that i've never gone abroad and had my phone 'switch on' its data connection. I turn cell data off and it stays off, for me. November's Chopin is, i guess, talking about a glitch i've not encountered. :confused: