How will Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Genius, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Will you get LiveFire/Kill Test or Modern Combat: Sandstorm?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2009.
  1. Modern Combat: Sandstorm

54 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. LiveFire/KillTest

28 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Both

93 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    How will Gameloft's New FPS, How will Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest? Will people buy a Halo type game or Call of Duty. Personally i will get both. But if Modern Combat: Sandstorm has multiplayer i will get that 1st if not I'll get Livefire-KillTest first. Ill leave a poll to see how the release of Gameloft's New FPS, Modern Combat: Sandstorm effect Livefire-KillTest.

Plus+ ID: Genius

2. Lost Cipher

Lost Cipher Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    First off how is LiveFire a halo type of game? It doesn't have a story or aliens that I know of, and you required to buy weapons...

And my 2 cents on the issue, if Sandstorm has multiplayer then LiveFire is going to be forgotten quickly.

3. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Well seeing as how Gameloft blows, I'd say little if any effect. I'm so tired of their games that all feel like "i" rip-off's. It's not that their games are bad, it's just that they never break the mold. They go with tried and true cookie cutter games that just fill the void and nothing more. No substance, no originality.

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No your not.

5. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    LiveFire/KillTest is futuristic like halo. And you can only buy armor.

And yes i agree with you that if Sandstorm has multiplayer then livefire will probably be forgotten.

6. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I don't really understand how Livefire/Killtest resembles Halo... It just reminds me of Alien Arena (free fps game). And how Modern Combat: Sandstorm has to do with COD4, It just reminds me of some other games that are free to play.

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    If MC: Sandstorm doesn't have online multiplayer then both.
    I would have MC: Sandstorm for the singleplayer and KillTest for the online multiplayer.
    I prefer the 'modern' (as in current) FPS games rather than the futuristic/sci-fi FPS games.

From watching videos of both games, I like MC: Sandstorm better. I really hope in has online multiplayer but if it doesn't then I will still buy it but get KillTest also.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #8 Booch138, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    I agree for the most part. Especially with thier sports games. I do enjoy quite a few of thier games though. I don't think they nessisarily suck, but your right. They never really do anything that breaks the mold. But then again it seems that people are weird about bringing something innovative to the table.

Still might check this out though. It doesn't look bad all in all. I get both.

The thing is, is when this game is released people will hype up to "Ohhh Modern Combat is way better than Livefire it will never beat this!" then when Livefire comes out, the hype will be revved up again, and then upon it's release it will shift to livefire. Then you'll hear "OMG Livefire is such a Modern Combat killer!!!11!!111!!!!"

So I mean I dunno. I plan on getting both but it will be cool to see how they play out.

And I agree that Livefire looks more "Halo"-esque and Modern Combat looks like... Modern Warfare...hmmmm....

9. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    i think its mainly the art style and what we've seen of the maps

10. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    It will kill them....lol

11. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #11 Squirt Reynolds, Aug 4, 2009
    I agree with you completely.

The only reason I (and probably most people) continue to buy their games is because of their timing. That, or because they're the only dev that has released a decent game of that particular genre period.

For instance, if Real Racing, or even NFSU came out at the same time as Asphalt 4, then I never would've bought it. Which also proves my other point. At the time, Asphalt was the only decent racer we had.

I guess that also applies to Modern Combat: Sandstorm, cuz it'll be the only COD 4-ish type game out.

12. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    im assuming hes basing it off of the weapons and the enviroment you play in, also you have power suits kinda like master chief

13. ixBilalxi

ixBilalxi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Fremont, Ca Bay Area
    I think they had great success with let's golf... i still play that game.

Their other games are a little bland tho.

Anyways the video looked excellent for modern combat yet i can enjoy a good sci fi shooter too... but im not fond of the idea of paying extra after buying the game.

14. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #14 CaseyLay, Aug 4, 2009
    This comment is dumb. Gameloft does not blow. They rock. I've loved their games since I bought BIA.

I think you and everyone else are forgetting the soul mechanic of marketing that has been around since the beginning of time: Supply and demand. People want/need certain types of games for a device, and they are given that because it is what they want most. In other words, Rockstar isn't going to make a GTA for the iPhone, so Gameloft is going to do it for them. The developer of God of War is not going to make a hack n slash game for the iPhone, so Gamelost did it for them. It has nothing to do with originality. Gameloft is simply supplying mobile gamer demands because other companies won't, like they always have been.

And I honestly have no idea why you say they never break any molds. They always break molds on the iDevice. If you disagree, go ahead, name me another 3D free roaming game coming out for the iPhone. Name another TPS shooter game. Name a good 3D hack n' slash. Name a better 2.5D sidescroller.

15. Lost Cipher

Lost Cipher Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    People don't buy originality any more, that's why the Call of Duty franchise is so damn successful.

16. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I'd say it a bit to early to decide as we have not heard about either of the game features including the most talked about online multiplayer (in reference to Modern Combat: Sandstorm)
    About Kill Test (calld tht so far) we have not seen the latest video of the game play but the ad certainly pushes online multiplayer as the major factor.

I can't even tell if they are going to be a competition, its like RR & NFSU, one is sim racer & the othr is arcade.

I believe there will be subtle differences in both these titles & they will not eat on their competitor's market.

17. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #17 le'deuche123, Aug 4, 2009
    hero of sparta- God of war knockoff, button mashing, story is laughable, graphics are WAY over rated. Mold they broke- introduced us to "buttons" on a touch screen WOW!!!! Who would have thought of making virtual buttons. Oh and they could have possibly made decent animations for killing giant creatures. It's just not fun when audio's not synced to the action.

BIA- Original game franchise??? NO. Original Story?? Hell No! Original gameplay?? NO. Fun game, but brings you everything you've already played a thousand times.

Terminator- BIA again, but this time with robot nazis yay!!!

Lets Golf- LOve this game. But I only love it because it rips off so much from hot shots.

Oregon Trail- Oh look a cell phone game, made up of nothing more than crappy mini games tacked on a well tread franchise and re-release with "Snazzy" new graphics.

Just because there's not a good FPS or TPS doesn't mean you have to settle for a shitty one.

18. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Agreed. I'm sure Killtest is going to be far more than what most people at the moment seem to expect. I mean, this long in development, ngmoco almost certainly have something very special lined up for us. My vote goes to KillTest, but it could be swayed if Gameloft release some videos to show it off a bit more. I wasn't impressed that much by the Gangstar videos.

19. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    we will see how they both look ...

20. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Meh, Both look okay, and if they're at a reasonable price I'll get both.