How to Transfer a iTunes Library?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Whosatm, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    My computer broke a couple of weeks ago and I put iTunes on a my laptop to update my iPod. Whenever I tried to synch, it won't add new apps or updates without wiping my iPod. Why must this be so difficult? All I want to do is add a couple of apps...

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Duh, it's Apple. lol

I would suggest downloading iDump. It gets all the songs off your iPod and puts them into a folder than you can add to your iTunes and wallah. You have all your songs. As for the Apps, I couldn't tell ya... I just usually hit the "Available Downloads" option and it takes care of it I think... but don't quote me on that. The music however, is a surefire thing.

3. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Well the music really isn't an issue, but I have about 30GBs of apps...

4. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Try this forum thread and read it thoroughly from beginning to end, and the other web pages it links to:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2607520

Apple made this much more difficult then it needs to be. So much for ease of use.

Also be aware that you're apps will probably (more likely definitely) be rearranged on your iDevice. Really sucks when you have everything in folders so you can find then easier and then... BAM! Either rearrange (I have over 700 apps on my iDevice so it took a few days of my free time) or get used to the chaos and just use mobile spotlight to search for your apps.

Good luck.