How to promote or plug a new game, is this the place.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Riffman, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Riffman

Riffman Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
    I am looking for ways to promote a new game my son created and which I composed / produced the music for. I don't know if this is the right place to come for advice on this.

We are looking to promote it free if possible as we don't have loads of money to spend on advertising. So far we have tried to spread the word around friends on facebook asking them to share. Also we created a youtube trailer here []

Our next idea was to try and get experienced gamers to try it out, may be review it or show it on twitch. Like I say I don't know if I've come to the right place to start this thread, only just joined. The game is free and we have limited adverts to one every 10 times you die, so it's not too annoying.

Anyway any help or advice would be appreciated.

2. Riffman

Riffman Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
    #2 Riffman, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Perhaps someone can suggest websites where you can just upload a link to the trailer or the game itself. So that people can just go and try and may be comment on new games.

3. Riffman

Riffman Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
    As I speak 105 people have viewed this thread, I wondered if any of you have tried the game and if so, what do you think. Do you find it easy or a bit of a challenge. There's currently 10 levels but another 10 levels are in the pipeline.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hi, you should post a link to the game. I presumed it was iOS but i dont think it is as i cant find it in the app store.

This site is more heavily leaned towards iOS gaming than Android. I would find some Android sites if i was you and post about the game there. With so much shovelware in the Google Play store i find it very difficult finding anything decent i must admit

5. Riffman

Riffman Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
    Thanks for getting back to me. You are right it is android only at the moment. Not sure if it will be uploaded to iOS as the costs are much greater and annual, although I will push for it. I didn't realise it was mainly for iOS on here can you suggest any good android sites. Also I'm not familiar with the terminology, shovelware is that slang for rubbish, meaning adverts.

6. Riffman

Riffman Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Male
  7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
  8. Riffman

Riffman Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Male