How to open all files in a folder in MS Word: Windows?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Mar 6, 2009.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I need to know this answer for something that I have to do, but cannot find it online anywhere, or in the built in Word help. Could someone tell me how I can do this?

2. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2 snow_mani, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
    I think it depends on the version.

Single click on the first file so it is highlighted. Then hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and click on the last file. All files should now be highlighted. Then click on Open.

Edit: If that doesn't work, open Windows Explorer. Locate the files. If they are listed together then do the above and then right click on the highlighted files and click on Open. If they are not listed together then single click on the first file, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the remaining files you want to open. Then right click and then click on Open.

3. brewstermax

See, I know that that works, but there is some sort of key holds or something that are supposed to work, and I kind of need to figure out how to do something like opening a whole folder. Word 2000 is what I need to know it for. I usually use 2007, but either way.

4. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry, I know that there is usually more than one way to do something (like open a file, etc) in Microsoft Word. But that is the only way I use if I want to open more than one file at once. Hope someone else here can help.

5. brewstermax

Couldn't find it. Someone gave me an idea, and I'll try that, but it's too late. I'll post if it works.