how to make a slow ipod fast

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by teagan1000000, Mar 17, 2009.

1. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    my ipod was always slow and it frustrated me and i finaly found the cure, put it in sleep mode instead of turning it off, that seems to speed it up quitte a bit

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Get free memory the app
    And unJB your idevice.

That should fix it

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Where do people get that jailbreak slows it down? It causes no lag, except immediately after a respring. Try it, or you have no clue. Once you go, there is no going back.

4. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Word.

5. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    In jailbreak it.....and yes it does slow it down I have more stuff on my 8 gig than my friend has on his 16 gig and mine is older and it runs so much faster, he also said it has ran slower since he jb it......

6. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    DO NOT GET FREE MEMORY! Get MemoryInfo. It's EXACTLY the same thing. But since Apple did not review the Free Memory 1.5 update it was released as MemoryInfo. It is much better

7. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Mine runs the same speed jailbroken or un-jailbroken.

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #8 Coldar, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up on this. Had been waiting on FreeMemory 1.5 but downloading the MemoryInfo to replace it.
    Had thought Apple stated that apps couldn't have a battery level app (for reasons beyond my comprehension). And FreeMemory dev (realize both apps from same dev) stated was taking theirs out (but hadn't). Anyway getting MemoryInfo which still has a battery level.

9. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

There isn't really much difference jailbroken or not. It all pretty much depends on how much RAM you have available.

10. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Wouldn't need MemoryInfo if you had a jailbreak. You can selectively kill processes :). Jailbreak is a great thing. I know that you immediately associate it with piracy, but it isn't like that. Themes, emulators, more control, and everything. Jailbreak is the best.