How to install promo code apps without a computer!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Rocketman919, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Ok, so say you are in the desert, have no computer in sight, but for some strange reason there is an amazing wi-fi connection. You just got a promo code of some game you really want to play. BUT THERE IS NO COMPUTER REMEMBER, HOW DO YOU GET THE APP!?!?!? Here's how. Open up your iTunes Music Store App (NOT APPSTORE) and go over to downloads, then click redeem in the top left corner. Enter the code, and it will pop up saying thank you, blah blah blah, and there will be a picture of the app. It also tells you it will download the next time you are on your computer. OK, so exit out of that, enter the app store, and viola!! Your app will start downloading immediately, hit the home button and watch it install. Well, there you go.

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    New to some people not me. Although without copy and paste how do u type the code? They r long.

3. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Not really, the promo code i got for theseus was only like 10 digits long.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Same for me mine for flying aces was shorter than an iTunes card #, usefull info rocketman919

5. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Thanks!

Although I really could have used this last night... :)

6. evanmav

evanmav Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    i knew about this too and posted about this on ipod touch fans forum like 2 days ago! its pretty usefull

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah i got theseus and didnt wanna waste my time turning on my comp and starting itunes etc.