iPad How to best utilise $20 ??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by aneish_henry, Dec 14, 2008.

1. aneish_henry

aneish_henry Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Hi i'm having a real dilemma on what games to buy, coz I have a maximum of 20 dollars ATM.

My preferred games are
    SOul Trapper(it's at discount atm)
    BIA
    HOS
    Monopoly
    Guitar Rock Tour
    Touchgrind etc etc

are these games any good?? And which one is better-BIA/HOS??
    and how would i best utilise 20 dollars?do you think there'd be any sale on BIA/HOS at Christmas??

Please reply fast......need to start spending soon....can't resist the App Store anymore:D:D

2. Deadlock

Deadlock Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I would late a week longer if all that is all you have. Just to see how Rolando and Need for Speed turn out.

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Idont think according to reviews, press etc.. That you could go wrong with BIA.the only one I have on that list is TG I'm very happy with it as soon as I am near mcdonalds again I am getting BIA though.

4. aneish_henry

aneish_henry Member

Dec 14, 2008
    what is the reason for the hype behind Rolando?? I'm a begineer so don't know much. And how whould Touch Sports Tennis be??

I'm reluctant to buy EA Games after reading unsatisfactory reviews about Spore and Monopoly.

5. Deadlock

Dec 2, 2008
    It is comparable to a good game to on PSP. I don't really know must about the game so I couldn't say for sure. But there are plenty of threads about the game. Let's not make this another one.

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Monopolys good, just what you would expect!

7. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    right now id say take hero of sparta over brothers in arms because theres a little less lag, the story and levels are better, the controls are better, and the game to me is all together more fun. And if youre a fan of guitar hero or rock band then youll probly like guitar rock tour- im really enjoying this one its so much better than tap tap revenge and all those. You should chrck out fadtlane btw too, because the qualit of that game is just unbelievable

8. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Loco Roco is that comparison game I've never played it and I'm not awaiting Rolando, but alot of peeps appearantly are.

9. aneish_henry

aneish_henry Member

Dec 14, 2008
    hmm......just checked a Rolando video, doesn't seem to be my type of game although it's very innovative.

when is sim city releasing?

10. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    In another thread, craiglaw, a ea mobile guy said simcity would be submitted to the app store next week and need for speed would be out early 2009

11. Deadlock

Dec 2, 2008
    Forgot about Sim City, that is another game I'm waiting to come out.

12. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    GET BIA and FERRARI GT

13. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    FIrst of all don't wait around for NFS- It is due to be released after the holiday season

I believe that HoS is better so get that and games under $3 so they can keep you entertained for a while

14. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    I say invest in the real estate market.. Can't go wrong! :)

15. lazyrawr

lazyrawr Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    My fav paid apps:
    - Blast! (I'm hooked it's great!)
    - Fieldrunners (must have)
    - Texas Holdem (classic goodness)

Also good:
    - TouchGrind
    - Line Rider
    - Bloom

16. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Beatmaker.

The only app worth $20.

17. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #17 Paulio, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    It all depends on what you want. Pretty much every game out will have good/bad points ATM as the AppStore has only been around for about 6 months. Also peoples opinions vary a lot with gaming, you will never completely agree with someones idea of a game, so watch some gameplay vids, read some good reviews (this site is good for this) and see if you like them :).
    Personally I'm really liking TouchGrind, Brothers in Arms and (apart from the suspension on the bike) Bike of Die 2 (only two more levels in the standard pack left :D)
    However you will be spending a sh!t load more than 20 bucks on the store, so just go for the ones that you think you would like the most, play them til the end, then buy more :D (dollar apps are great too, buy up bulk of the "good ones" and then wait til you can spend more on the "bigger, better" expensive apps like BIA and HoS. TouchGrind is a good app in this respect also, cos it's like 5 bucks (I think) and has some casual replay value, if you like the game.. really, any app is a bit of a gamble value wise because if you ever get a crappy one, you can't stop thinking of all the others you could have got :p.
    Well anyway, good luck with your purchases and welcome to iLife.

18. i really hate when people use a lot of acronyms

it's not helping us help you (if that makes any sense)

19. aneish_henry

aneish_henry Member

Dec 14, 2008
    thanks everyone.

I've spent only $11.5 till now(RF09, Nanosaur 2, ENigmo, Moto Chaser) and probably will have to use more than $20, especially if NFS and Sim City are good and Gameloft releases even better games.@paulio, thanks, the link isn't working though.

20. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    yeah sorry bout that.. I have no idea why. It seems that ****************** is a blocked word??

HA IT IS^^
    iphone games network.com (no spaces :))