How should I make up to my brother

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Alexis Wrightman, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Alexis Wrightman

Nov 10, 2014
    I have been teasing my brother about his balding head since he turned 35 - now 40. He has been teasing me about my weight for as long as I can remember. Now that I have lost weight, he can no longer tease me, but I still tease him about his shiny head :D. Unfortunately, I think it is starting to get to him :( - I mean, really get to him. :(

So, how should I make it up to him? A case of Pabst? A bottle of Jack Daniels? or the racer he has been raving about? My poor brother.

2. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    By beginning to go bald yourself. It's in the genes; so doomsday is just around the corner for you.

3. Alexis Wrightman

Nov 10, 2014
    #3 Alexis Wrightman, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    I guess you can say that. But fortunately, my hair is on the thick side. Lucky me. I have told my brother to seek medical help or use something to address his issues. We have both been looking for something and we found something that might be able to help him eventually.

4. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #4 somedumbgamer, Jan 9, 2015
    I think it's cool you value your relationship with your bro and realized his feelers got hurt from being hair-assed (sorry, couldn't resist). Since you realized you've been being a dic, I would guess your relationship will mend naturally now.

Instead of buying him a case of crappy beer (Pabst?...c'mon man!), how about catching a game or doing something fun with you're bro? I'd just buy the tickets, do the driving, get him drunk and have fun!

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Umm, stop making fun of him?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #6 psj3809, Jan 9, 2015
    Havent you got any friends to ask rather than asking complete strangers online ?!

8 posts total and 2 about this question on an ios games site !

I can imagine hes joined a discussion forum about arguments with family and instead has posted lots of iOS gaming questions ! ;)

Bizarre thread

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #7 coolpepper43, Jan 9, 2015
    Omg this is a great thread!

8. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    He was wrong to tease you about your weight, and you know you were wrong to tease him. Congrats on losing your weight. A sorry to your brother and the promise to stop will be enough.

Unrelated but I say this as someone who has always been slim and called "bones" by family, this didn't bother me until for health reasons I lost weight, I'm underweight now and the comments I've had are awfule, on family meals out I've been accused of going to the bathroom to throw up, if I dont want a desert then I must be anorexic, and I know that complaining about it futile, as I'm then called a miserable cow and not being able to take a "joke" And this is supposedly family. Strangers are worse! It gets to you after a while, and so ething that might not have been a problem, becomes an issue. I didn't care about my weight until people started unnecessarily commenting on it.

9. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    This is the lounge bro, anything can happen #

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Buy him a hat?

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Shave your head - get it waxed and shined so it looks like a brand new bowling ball. Then you can meet your brother for some casual meeting surprise him.

:eek: