How popular are apple's products in your country?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pablo19, Jan 12, 2009.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Hi, This I wanna hear some feedback on the question stated in the title.

As far as the part form Spain I come from goes, apple is not the favourite computer brand, iphones and ipotches don't really seem necessary, when you can purchase and mp4 player for as low as 15 euros, sure they are from bad chinese brands, but if they break or get stolen, who cares? you can just get another one. Same thing with laptops and computers no need for the higher quality stuff if you can get something similar for half the price.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Well in the US, it goes without saying. All of the things that you pointed out are true in the US, but the Apple brand loyalty is amazing. I am a proud fan of all of their products. STEVE FTW!!!! :D

3. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Yeah, the Apple store in the Smithhaven Mall gets more traffic than all the other stores in the mall combined. :D

Seriously, it's always freakin' PACKED.

4. Doing pretty well in the UK from what I can see. I am always converting people to the Mac, and the local store is always jam-packed.

5. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Haha, yeah. I convinced my Dad to spend the extra $200 for a Mac. :p

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    iPods are everywhere in the Netherlands (especially the classic and nano versions but iPhones and iPod Touches can be seen as well).
    As far as Macs - I think they're kinda popular among students but aside from that it's still generally PCs. (And that thing about students is based on the fact that when I went to university, 2 out of 4 people in my class who brought a notebook had an Apple logo on the top. So that's not really something you'd want to get a general statistic from.)

7. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Maybe it's because we don't have a true Apple Retail Store in HK, but laptop usage isn't they much. But we're getting mrs and more authorized reseller shops dotted around the place. Big electronics stores like Fortress and Broadway also sell them at demo booths too, increasing exposure.
    Iphones on the other hand, are quite commonplace, identified either by them flicking through screens of the tell-tale microphone on the signature white earphones. I was surprised to see hardly anyone on the Tokyo Metro using an iPhone.