How often do you upgrade your iPhone / iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stingman, Jul 30, 2015.

1. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    I should add that each time I've upgraded, phone was either dead or about to die. Like with the 5, the home button was gone, the screen has half detached. If it wasn't for that I'd upgrade less often, like with iPad.

2. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    iPad: 3, ?

Since getting my iPad 3 in 2012, I've become more of a minimalist so I'm not sure what I'm doing for the future...

I get bummed when I can't play games that require iOS 8, but I'm not feeling too much pressure yet...

When I do buy a new iPad, I'm definitely going to try getting a used one.

Does anyone have experience with buying used devices? Good? Bad? Suggestions?

3. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    So far I have brought iPad skipped iPad 2 and brought the iPad 3 (Retina Screen) as it was advertised and still rocking with it now. Realistically I cannot afford to upgrade iPads every year or every other so every three years seems to be the norm for me.
    Hopefully there will be an iPad Air 3 this year and will most likely upgrade to that.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My daughters ipad two is a preowned one, paid £ 200 for 16gb cell/wifi model at Grainger Games, the same model new cost £450 in Argos so was happy with the price we paid, she's had it two years and it's had lots of daily use and is going strong, like you, every now and then some titles need ios 8 (she's still on 6) but there's more than enough she can play, I'll be getting another used model too.

5. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Thanks for the input Cloudpuff! I don't see enough of you lately. :(

You must be busy (playing games!). :)

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Schools are on six week summer break so Daughter has kept me busy,(playing splatoon mostly haha) I pop in everyday but haven't been posting as much.

:)