iPad How much more do you love your iPhone/iPod Touch because of gaming?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kamazar, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    When I first got my touch, my first impressions were,

"Yeah, this is a cool device. Slim, powerful, sexy as hell. Yes, and it turns on like that, Uh-huh. Ooooo, cover flow *swish swish*. Very nice, yes. Hmmm."

Then I went to the appstore, clicked games, and well, I never wanted to part with my touch since that day.

So, how much has gaming impacted your love for you iDevice?

2. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Wrong forum.

Ahh no same here.
    I bought mine for the games.

3. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Games is the only reason I bought mine, was gonna get the 4th gen nano instead. Good job I didn't.

4. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    I have a 1st. gen. that I got over a year ago and I just loved it, but didn't use it all the time like I do now. Now since I've started buying apps. I use it every day to play something or seem to be buying apps. every other day or so. I love playing games on it and hope the games keeps evolving into better and better products. My ipod has become my hobby.

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I first considered getting mine for the touch screen/music/video, but as soon as I saw the WWDC keynote, bam, I was sold and I sold my NDS on Sept. 8 to order a 16GB iPod Touch 2G the next day, immediately after the Music Event. Never looked back. I will probably get the iPod Touch 3G, the day of, too. I'll use it for games, as I'm guessing that they will adopt the faster processor across the line, and my current one for music.

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    I got the first gen. the day it came out. I loved it for music and videos and whatever. Then when the app store came out (July 11th ;) ) I spent 40 bucks (SMB, Tetris, Enigmo, Scrabble) as well as paying 10 bucks for the 2.0 sofware for the 1st gen. Ipod. Then I was so happy with what my touch could do I decided to buy out of my BlackBerry contract and get an Iphone 3G. And Ive never looked back since ;)

7. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    Well it's interesting, for me at least. I had bought a PS3 and was playing games on it for a while, but then I realized that I was playing more of the arcade games on Playstation Store then the actual titles (same goes for my 360), so since I was moving from Washington State to Indiana I decided to return my PS3 and get a portable device instead. As I was going to the store I was thinking to myself, OK here's the gameplan, I'm going into Wal-Mart and I'm going to return the PS3, pick up the PSP, and then leave. Well I got to Wal-Mart, returned my PS3, and was about to pick up the PSP when I walked by the iPod Touch station that they have and as soon as I went by it my love for Apple and gaming kicked in and I had to get the 16 GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch. I'm loving every minute of gaming on it. It's been the most fun I've had in years on a gaming device, haven't regretted my purchase one bit.

8. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I have a playstation 3 and I dont play it at all. My iphone is always with me and I just love the portability factor that I can't get with anything else. God bless the appstore

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

The App Store has to be the greatest idea Apple has had in a while (a few days at the most :D) It is perfect, and I would find gaming on the iPod horrible without the convergence here. The testing process needs tweaked, but I still think that we need it, without it iPhone OS is just as unstable as Android.

10. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    #10 OmniGeno, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    I, too, got my first gen iPod touch in the first month of its release. It was a cool device, and I was able to check my webmail, visit my class websites, and check sports scores. The SDK announcement was a nice one, but I had no idea that it would turn into what it has today. Web-app based games were an okay time-waster, but compared to the games today, they sucked.

As an early adopter, I never expected it to become such a fantastic mobile gaming device. My personal experience with portable gaming is limited to the original Gameboy (yeah, the greenish screen with grayscale dot matrix) and the games on my Verizon cell phone. The Gameboy was fine for its time, but over a decade outdated. The Verizon cell phone games.. are worse than crap, and cost data minutes to play. What a load of horse feces.

Gaming on the iPod is just a magnificent bonus. I never considered getting a DS or a PSP, but after playing a handful of iPod touch games, I'm sold on mobile gaming. Or rather, I'm sold on the Touch and the App Store.

11. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I believe I was on iTunes one day, clicked on the app store, and immediately raided my bank account and bought my 1rst gen iPod Touch. :D

12. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I would say that gaming is a very big reason I love my iphone, though I loved it even before (got a first gen in Feburary, probably the greatest purchase I've ever made).

13. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    lol i was the same way, except i had mine before the app store came out and i was very impressed by all the little things like cover flow and just simply the touch screen the the apps came out and holy crap i was amazed i don't think a day has gone buy that i haven't played on my ipod touch.....:D

14. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    i love mine alot because os games and apps now :)

15. pahncrd

pahncrd Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    My Touch 2g is the greatest gadget I have ever bought. It replaced my Vaio UX280p micro-pc, my Palm TX pda, my Zune and my PSP. :D

16. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    How many people here would consider buying a DS or a PSP to complement the gaming experience offered by their iDevice?

Probably nobody. And people wonder why Sony and Nintendo are scared.... They should be. Especially Sony.

17. pahncrd

pahncrd Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    I just can't be bothered to carry the PSP and DS around on the off chance I might have the chance to play one of them. Besides that, I am pushing 30 yrs of age and I feel increasing ridiculous whilst playing a PSP or DS.

18. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    So much that I sold my Zune Originals (Imported it into the Uk and it had Tado on the back too :3) and my Xbox for a 32GB 2nd gen iPod. Its a brilliant idea, I play games on the iPod frequently in school.

19. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    i went in to buy a nokia n95, and got suckered into buying an iphone, which was about a 100 bucks cheaper. i was happy with my purchase but gaming didnt cross my mind at all until a few weeks after, when i discovered the app store and my addiction started to grow

20. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I was using a Creative Zen but if you listen to podcasts a lot, iTunes + iPod are just the best you can use. So that's why I started preferring the iPod over the Zen. But yeah, games are now occupying every free moment of my day, I never have to be bored again!