How Much Is This Worth?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by JoeyLP, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I am planning on selling my 8GB 2nd Generation iPod Touch. How much would you recommend me selling it for, at a fair price? It is not even a year old out of the box, I got it in January, and has no screen scratches.
    I am planning on buying a 4th Generation iPod Touch, using the money I get from this and some extra money I have.
    I was thinking $200AUD, but I wouldn't know. Can you guys please give me some suggestions on price? Could you also note what currency you are thinking of too.

Cheers.
    Joseph.

2. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    It's an old gen iPod, so I wouldn't think it would be in high demand. Maybe $60 to $100 AU IMO

3. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    I think you''ll be lucky to get $100

4. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    then what about mine? 3rd gen, in good condition. tons of apps. undamaged. also jailbroken.

5. Ditto. It's two generations old which is a fair bit of devaluation on the current market, especially given it's only an 8 gig model.

Apps don't transfer with the device (though any game account that uses only your UDID to log in will), unless you plan on giving away your iTunes account with it. The jailbreak isn't worth anything. You didn't mention size.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Never underestimate the power of Craigslist. People are so impulsive on that site, it must be some pseudo garage sale syndrome. I sold my 3gs on there for $250, and once the guy put the cash in my hand I suddenly thought I could've sold it for more.

Moral of the story, check both sides of Craigslist - FS and WTB of whatever it is you're trying to sell and you'll get a good idea of what it's worth.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    1 American Dolla.

8. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    #8 pavarotti2007, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    You won't get anything near that price.

I just recently sold my 3rd GEN 64gb iPod Touch (About 2 weeks ago). I got £155 GBP (About 255 AUD) for it. I looked aroung on the internet etc and this seems like that was about the right price people would pay.

Also some people might not believe how old it is as in Jan surely it would have been a 3rd gen when bought brand new

9. Craiglist: So notorious, it inspired a blog.

The 8gb 3rd gen models were actually 2nd gen though.