How many people are fakkin tired of hearing about Minigore?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sizzlakalonji, Jul 27, 2009.

?

How many people are fakkin tired of hearing about Minigore?

1. I would rather eat a pound of tofu than hear more.

26.8%
  2. No more please, thanks.

33.8%
  3. What's Minigore?

8.5%
  4. Hey, I quite like tofu.

31.0%
  1. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    #41 MrDark, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    I'm still loving this game even it is late or delay or never planning to release

but I'm getting piss off of some companies announce their game too early...

hey if you're not really, don't announce anything, don't make us so exciting and then turn us down after a long period of waiting....

prepare yourself well before your announcement, make us exciting and release it just on time when everyone at the top of hyper emotion.

I still remembered I went to theatre, watched a movie preview and end with "coming 2010 Dec" or sth... get lose stupid... I don't wanna know right now, remind me when time is close. :cool: don't f888ing waste my time

2. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Really? Really? Where the hell else would the hype be but the Minigore upcoming 500,000 post "OMG, OMG it's gonna be tonight!" thread? Come on.

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Star Defense was hyped with the front page ads and articles on most of the gaming sites the week before it was released.

The hype for "The Hobbit" started in 2004.. it won't be out til December 2011.
    Other movies http://www.hsx.com/security/list.php?id=1&sfield=accts_holding

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I really should make that thread :rolleyes:

5. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This is true, but Star Defense was supposed to be genre defining...bringing a 3D world to TD (I wasn't as taken with it...it's just OK IMO), The Hobbit is based off of a classic of fantasy literature, and it's coming after the trilogy of Oscar winning LOR movies...this is just a $.99 dual stick shooter. I'm not trashing a game that isn't even out or that I will buy myself, I just don't think what I've seen of this game justifies 1/10th of the hype that's been created...and it's been MUCH longer than a week that we've had ad nauseum "It's coming out tonight!" posts.

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    A small group of 20 people account for 1/2 the posts in that thread.. about the same as the Pocket God threads.. I don't see the appeal of that game either but why does it bother you so much to see a few others excited about it?

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    It really doesn't bother me all that much...I'm just trying to gauge expectations. I thought that with the choices I put in the poll it would be obvious that I was just having a bit of fun, but one thing I've learned at this forum is that you can never assume anyone understands when your trying to add a little levity to a situation. People get very, very riled up over this stuff. So if I need to spell it out...I'm just goofing off a bit on the high expectations for a game that looks (to me, I'm only speaking for myself) like a moderately fun little shooter.

8. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    I'm gonna start a "How many Minigore threads do we need?" thread.

9. CP1789

CP1789 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    ill post the 1st reply :)

people need ti know what patience is anyway and apple will teach them

10. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Exactly! Devs are capitalizing on this hype as a means of free marketing, people blaming apple when it was the dev who makes them innecesarily excited! I found it pleasant whenever I see a great app on the AppStore ( e.g monkey island) without the hassle of watching the release app every 30 mins like most people did for this minigore game! People got pissed at ngmoco for the 1day delay of Rolando 2.... That was one day , how many days are people waitng for this game? And can anybody honestly tell me that this pocketgod/idracula clone will be better than Rolando 2? This game is only one episode for cripes sake, they are promising new levels every update, Rolando 1 is a fullpledged game that gets updated with new levels every update... Minigore? ... More like minigame to me! For all the trouble, not even worth my 99c.