iPad How many came close to not getting your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kursndax, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I am so happy I got the iphone, I was on sprint and was out of contract and was killing myself deciding on getting the instinct and was running back and forth from the sprint store to AT&T deciding which to get and decided to get the iphone and switched to AT&T

I am so happy I did not get any other phone but my iphone, I treat it like its my kid, I don't care what problems the phone gives me, it can freeze, do anything it wants, I still think no phone comes close to it at all.

I don't think the storm, instinct or google android phones comes close, I tried the storm and I am not into blackberrys at all.

2. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I had mine a week before activating it. Due to the cost of using it as a phone I almost just used my old phone and kept the iPhone as an iPod touch. I got mine used for next to nothing so it wouldn't have been a huge deal to use it only as a touch. I am glad I activated it though, as now I text non-stop - still don't use it as a phone much.

It is kind of funny to me that it is touted as a phone and that is the one feature I use the least.

3. lilmac

lilmac Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I nearly couldn't get mine because they messed something up on my application, only when they went through and fixed it that it finally worked!

Proud 3g 16gb in white owner :)

4. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I got the white one too, the black ones was on back order for weeks and the lady told me if I got the white one she can get it in within 72 hours

I guess no one was buying the white ones

so I had to get the 16G just to get the phone and not have to wait

5. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    When I was in line at the Apple Store for them to "prequalify" me, they said I didn't qualify for a handset upgrade. Turns out I had a "past due" account and I called up AT&T and paid it. But jeez, I panicked for a sec. :D

6. With all due respect, this is one of 2 threads that are in the wrong section. This should be in the Lounge. I visit this forum to read about iPod Touch games, and would prefer it not to be filled with any old topic, thanks.

7. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    True dat. Actually I noticed quite a few misplaced threads lately.

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I got lucky with mine, friend sold me his almost brand new perfect 2g iPhone for $100! If he didn't I'd still be stuck with my crappy Blackjack 2.

9. Deadlock

Deadlock Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Dad had an iPhone and always raved about it. Then my contract ran up right when the 3g came out so I had to get the 16 gig black.

10. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I have an ipod touch, but I had an ipod classic for two years and was not planning on getting another... until the headphone jack and turn wheel stopped working (overuse I guess). I had been wanting an ipod touch for awhile, but when i was offered a college type discount, I decided it would be a fair price and purchased it. Best decision ever. The two of us are inseparable. Now I want the 2nd generation though...